Diy Face Scrub

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by LilAnn • Jun 6, 2015.

1. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I have found the most wonderful, and nearly perfect, skin care for your face. I start by washing, just like normal. Then, I take equal parts honey, lemon juice, and salt (mixed well). I massage it on my face, where ever I need it, for 10 minutes. After that 10 minutes, I let the scrub on my face dry, usually another 10 minutes. I put mint toothpaste on my nose and keep it there until it drys as well. I wash all that off my face, dry my face, and apply coconut oil to my entire face. 10 minutes later I wash that off. Suddenly, my face is so clean and smooth, black heads and white heads are all gone.

Also, I have dry lips so bad that nothing I tried ever work. Until now. I put the coconut oil on my lips too. But I don't wash it off. My lips have been so much healthier since I started doing it!!

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are dozens of DIY face scrub recipes and concoctions out there. Many of them produce great results that you won't find with commercially produced options, or chemical-laden scrubs. It's amazing what people can do with natural products, although they're not always the best option. It really depends upon the person.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard so much about how useful coconut oil can be and I really want to give it a try. I have read that it is great for the skin on your body too, as well as your hair. Can I ask, does it take quite a lot of effort to wash it off? What I mean is, does it leave any filmy residue behind or does it wash off well?

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a fantastic DIY scrub, LilAnn...thanks for posting. But for some reason, my skin doesn't seem to react well to lemon. It seems way too harsh for my skin. I'm so glad it's working great for you.

What I might try is putting the coconut oil on my lips because they are forever dry! It doesn't matter what I use, they always end up being very dry! I too have heard wonderful things about coconut oil and can't wait to put it to the test.

5. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    It took me washing my hair 3 times but I think that was because I was supposed to put it all over in my hair and throw a wet towel in the dryer for 10 or so minutes, wrap the towel around all my hair, wait 30 minutes, then wash it out. I don't think my towel was hot enough.
    As for my face, it isn't as greasy as other oils. I use a wet wash cloth and just wipe it off. Just leaving it on your face for 10 minutes makes such a HUGE difference. I've also used it on my puppy (huge success!), Ive used it on my legs after I shave (another huge success), I use it to fry my turkey bacon, and it has actually helped put more color in my cheeks. And, it hasn't exactly firmed up around my eyes, but they do look a lot more youthful after I put it on. Right now, it has been a success with everything I tried to do with it.

6. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    Great information, and Thank you. I believe I had submitted a post a while back about making your own scrubs. I truly like making them, because you can use all natural ingredients. I really don't care for the products they offer in the stores, because they too expensive. Furthermore, you do not know what they are putting into those products. I like making facial scrubs mixed with sea salt, olive oil and lemon. It does make your skin feel so smooth and clean.

7. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    That scrub sounds interesting. I find that it the effectiveness of a scrub depends on your type of skin. I have used some that have destroyed my skin, while others I've made have worked amazingly. Everybody is different. The same is true with hair products as well.

8. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    Thank you for this! I believe doing your own face/body scrub at home is a great way to save money and at the same time keep your skin healthy and free from chemicals. I personally love homemade skin treats because my skin is super sensitive and I don't want any chemicals on it as much as possible. It's also really fun to do your own scrub since you could choose what you'd like it to have. There are hundreds of body scrub "recipes" online and I want to try all and place them in little mason jars. It would also be a great gift for your friends. Imagine the money you could save!

9. wannatakeawalk

wannatakeawalkNew Member

Threads:
    I'm going to be a downer here and warn everyone NOT to use baking soda products (ie. toothpaste) OR lemon juice on your face. It disrupts the pH balance of your skin and can damage it further.

a post that will explain better than I can. Be careful what you find out there for 'diy' face treatments. They are often way too harsh and might only feel like they are doing good but will damage your skin in the long term.