DIY garden art

Discussion in Home & Garden started by maddie • Jan 23, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Chanell, I am completely ignorant when it comes to drilling holes and execution.. I depend on my husband for that.. I have been wanting to have some hanging pots and drilling is necessary for that .. but .. the issue is my back and knees .. I really cannot afford to strain them anymore. That is why I thought a beaded curtain would be great in summer..
    I checked out the prices of bead and boy .. they are expensive.. and I would need a huge quantity for my curtains. I would have to check with another supplier who used to work with my husband earlier.. to see if I can get the stuff at a better price.. or I may have to wait for my husband to make a trip to Hongkong to get them for me.. It is pretty reasonably priced there.

2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I found something on pinterest which I thought was cute and easy to make.
    [​IMG]

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    These cans are so cute!!! And they look as if they could serve as a home or a bird feeder.

I think you could make a beaded curtain using paper beads cheaply and easily. You could always replace it later with glass or wooden beads if you wanted. You could even use the same technique for paper and make the beads out of fabric scraps.

4. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I think you could make a beaded curtain using paper beads cheaply and easily. You could always replace it later with glass or wooden beads if you wanted. You could even use the same technique for paper and make the beads out of fabric scraps.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are bird houses I guess. You are right about using paper beads.. but that is going to hurt my back sitting for hours making them.. I used to a paper bead curtain earlier when I was much younger.
    Look at this .. is n't this cute and simple :)

[​IMG]

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah they are bird houses I guess. You are right about using paper beads.. but that is going to hurt my back sitting for hours making them.. I used to a paper bead curtain earlier when I was much younger.
    Look at this .. is n't this cute and simple :)

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

Those frogs are really sweet. Their simplicity makes them even cuter. I love their little eyes. You could probably make other simple animal forms out of stones too. I'm not a fan of the coffee can insects because they look too crafty and country cozy. The frogs look more organic and kind of blend in with the tall grass.

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    That is true. I love these frogs and I saw a whole lot of other animals made from little rocks.. a cute cat was one of those. I am really fascinated. I need to make these right away. I would probably use black marbles for the eyes and spray pain my froggies with bronze paint.. :) and give them a bit of texture too :)