Diy Makeup Remover?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hellonamesdana • Feb 4, 2015.

1. hellonamesdana

hellonamesdanaMember

Threads:
    I'm looking for a cheaper way to take my makeup off at the end of the day instead of having to spend a lot of money on makeup remover pads or washes. I know how important it is for your skin to take all of your makeup off at the end of the day, but considering I'm a broke college student I could really use something that doesn't make me break out and doesn't break my bank either!
    Any ideas/recipes?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use a very basic moisturizer. It works amazingly at removing everything and keeping your skin moist to boot. You could also use any oil in your house. Pretty much anything will work. Test something different every night until you can wipe your face with a tissue and nothing comes off.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been looking at a lot of sites lately to make your own home products as well as health and beauty products. There is a recipe out there that contains olive oil and Witch Hazel, but I don't know the amounts, so you'll have to look it up. Some people use baby wipes and just cut them into small sections to make them go further, or they make the homemade baby recipe and use that. Others use a small amount of the tearless baby shampoo mixed with water. That's the one I'll probably try.

4. Eiko

EikoMember

Threads:
    I typically use coconut oil to remove my makeup and moisturize my skin at the same time. I'm really in love with the product because it has so many purposes, cooking, cleaning, makeup removal or fixing, lotion, hair treatments.. Anything really. I'm disappointed I didn't find out about it until this last year but I'm still so happy that I know now.
    I always suggest it to everyone looking for some of it's purposes and I keep multiple jars around my house.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about using an ordinary facial wash? It won't make much of a difference whether you use a makeup remover or a facial wash. I personally think there's more merit in using ordinary facial wash. Even if you use makeup remover, there's no 100% guarantee that makeup will be removed. Facial wash enables you to utilize water and the dirt removing agents present in the facial wash. You'll be able to remove makeup from your face in a more natural and less forceful way.

6. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I searched around a little and found this recipe! It's a lot like the product I use, but you can make it on your own. :D