Diy Spa Gifts

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by dawnolsen • May 31, 2015.

1. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    I am a huge fan of homemade gifts because they are fun to make and also budget friendly! My favorite gifts to make lately have been Diy bath salts. I recently made two different bath salts for my sister as a birthday gift and they were not only fun to make,but very simple and quick! My sister loved her bath salts and all I did was find a few recipes I thought would be helpful, buy the ingredients, and package them up in cute jars. Does anyone else enjoy making homemade bath salts? What other spa related gifts do you make?

2. Scarlet

ScarletMember

Threads:
    I have not made any as gifts yet, although I may have to think about!

In the past I have made scrubs for myself, hair rinses, face masks and balms.

I would be interested to know about the savings. I've made everything nearly single use with it being fresh so the savings have not been hugely noticeable, but the everything was as good as any other product I have bought so I would say that it is worth it!

My friend made me some bath bombs that were very very nice, I saved the packet just because of the lovely smell, she said that she managed to make at least double the amount of bought ones. I'm not sure how long it took her to make them though.

3. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    Bath bombs and shower bombs are really fun to make! It hasn't taken me very long in the past to make them and they yield a good amount. If you indulge in bath or shower bombs often it can save you quiet a bit of money by making them yourself. Adding different essential oils can help you relax and unwind after a long day or energize to start one.You can even make a shower bomb to help congestion. They are easy to seal up and store nicely for later use. Wrap them up in a decorative paper and they make a great gift!

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I usually make face or body scrubs for myself, never given any as gifts though. But I’ve seen some recipes around the internet, plus cute packaging ideas. So it’s something I would definitely consider, because I feel like my skin has improved since I’ve started using DIY stuff.