Diy Takeout Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cocolgooh • Jun 27, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    Do you ever make your own take away food at home?

This is something I've done for years, in part because of the allergies I have. It's a lot easier to make my own food at home than try to find somewhere I can eat out. But it's also so much cheaper to make it myself at home. I can customise it more to my own taste this way and can really make the most of it. I can also be certain of how fresh it is and know exactly what has gone into it. I've learned to love making it for myself and very rarely buy any take out food now.

Are there any take out foods you wouldn't make yourself?

The only take out food I will buy from a take out shop rather than attempt myself is proper chip shop chips. No matter how hard I try I can't make my chips as good as the ones from the take out at the end of my street! It's a good job £1.50's worth of chips is enough to feed the whole family!

2. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of take out foods that I don't make at home as I don't know how to make them. The local recreation center will sometimes offer chinese cooking classes. What I really need to do is take my teenager and go down there and learn how to cook better. If I remember correctly, the classes are fairly inexpensive.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a really fun adventure for you and your teenager @filmjunkie08@filmjunkie08!

I do make my own fried rice, and even pizza. I don't have all of the spices and special ingredients needed for Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese dishes, but I do what I can with what I've got here. The fried rice comes out tasting nice, but I still crave the food I used to get to go sometimes.