Do Ads Help Save Cash?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Decentlady • Nov 9, 2016.

1. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Most of us think that ads actually lures us into buying some useless stuff and waste cash but I think at times ads help us to know about discounts, other options for the products that we already use and the competitive prices and added benefits.
    So, in a way, ads do help us shop wisely and save money.

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The purpose of ads is to inform and remind besides attracting customers who convert from viewers. They help people to compare the prices of different products from different companies in the same category. I don't know whether its fair to state that products that get numerous ads aired regularly ingrain into the viewer's subconscious with the resultant higher conversion rate.

3. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not too sure about that. Look at it like this. Things that are usually sold cheaper aren't usually advertised as hard as the opposites and most times not even advertised at all. Why? How do those big advertisements get paid for? The product that they are selling. So, in my opinion, cheaper things are harder to find because they aren't advertised as much as their counterparts.Those products can afford to be sold at a cheaper price.

4. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    I'm not very beyond any doubt about that. Take a gander at it like this.The motivation behind promotions is to illuminate and remind other than drawing in clients who change over from viewers. They individuals to analyze the costs of various items from various organizations in a similar class, not to individuals to "no" spending their cash, I think.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    That is a good point, and mne that probably goes under-appreciated, as you mention. I know that is the way I think, but I agree that used wisely they can help save you money and let you know when you should do your shopping.

6. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Ads are only meant to attract more people into buying the product ultimately. Coming to knowing the deals and discounts, they are available on the manufacturer's website and also in big retails stores(such as Walmart and Reliance Hypermarkets). Many more interesting and lightning deals are often shown on Amazon and other e-commerce websites as well.

Your point is valid on some occasions when the product is being marketed only with the help of TV ads but that's rare. Digital marketing has become very common now and companies are now looking for unique ways of marketing their products. Therefore, relying solely on the ads alone to know the discounts and product specifications isn't recommended.

7. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I remember when I was taken up a commerce course in college. We had a subject on the legality of advertisement. If the products advertised are misrepresented, the customers have the right to sue the company for promoting the products falsely. There is a law protecting the consumers from "misrepresentation" like the wrong prices, the unreliable services or uses, among others. I think in every country, there is a law for that effect.

8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    To some extent, yes.
    The purpose of ads is to let people know about the new products, stunning deals etc. The reach of ads are wide spread through any media. So, even if people are seldom happy to watch an ad in between, still some of them do help to provide information about the latest updates, and thus could save cash as well.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, ads can be very helpful in giving us vital info about the existence of a product or an update in a product that's already in the market. Like you rightly said, discounts, availability of cheaper products or even freebies can be made known through ads. This way we can save some money.

10. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, you can actually save cash through advertisements. I used two toothpaste for teeth whitening and sensitivity, when I saw an ad of a toothpaste that claimed to whiten as well as remove sensitivity, I bought it. Thankfully it worked. Thee ad saved me from buying two products.

11. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the perspective. From your title, I assume you were flat out wrong but you were speaking from the buyer's perspective. We benefit from ads and yes they can save us money as they widen our knowledge and prevent more asymmetric information.

12. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    Sometimes it does help. Mostly not.
    Ads were created to lure people into buying bad stuffs. Discounts are made to make people buy things that they nornally have no reason to buy.
    Real good things are not often seen in Ads.

13. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Not at all, because they were created just for the opposite purpose: to make potential consumers spend until their last cents on the products being sold.

I can't imagine a single one advertisement that has the intention of making someone save money, because even though they can present cheap products, the intention is to sell as much as possible.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like ads whether for sales or for just sharing. I click on ads all the time when I'm interested in the product and it helps. There are so many things to do when you use your computer. Sometimes an ad pops up about products that I wanted to know about. Saves me time when I see an ad about something I needed to know about instead of researching about it. I love the ads that has sales on, for you save so much money from it.

15. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Ads helps us save money. When ever I see ads of sales and discounts being offered on certain products or by certain stores, I always check those products and stores. Sometimes when there is a festive discounts and sales, I buy items that I need. Ads helps me compare the products. I buy best value products.

16. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    You are right they do save money. There are many times that I go for sales just because I saw an ad either on TV, the internet, or even outside anywhere. Ads announce discoints I wouldn't be able to know about unless I walk in stores which I usually don't if I don't know of any sales especially if it's a store I never been in before. I also like how ads have led me to know great stores and helps me save time on searching.

17. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with the fact that ads do help us to save money. Many times I have bought items which I wasn't prepare to buy yet because of the high price but when I see ads about the items bringing the prices low then I quickly buy the item. Sometimes I purposely wait till when there are likely ads on products especially when I am not in a hurry to buy the items, this way I get to save reasonable money just because of the ads and offer.

18. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Well it depends, i would not go far to say that most ads save cash but there is a decent amount of adverts that actually in light me and inform of offers and deals i wouldn't be aware of without them.

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that most of the adverts are released for public awareness because if they do not create your interest in them their purpose will fail but when you see them repeatedly you tend to lose interest in them. So, sometimes even a good advert loses its value just because it starts irritating you after a particular point.

20. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am not sure how they would save cash, unless you are referring to the any offers or anything, in which case yes. For the companies though it might be cheaper than other ways of getting the name out there.