Do Ads Help Save Cash?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Decentlady • Nov 9, 2016.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Good point. Even though ads usually bothers me, I think it's still helpful in terms of getting great deals and discounts when shopping online. I tend to browse in different online shops if I'm looking for a certain item which aren't available at the local store, and ads usually help me in getting discounts and promo code to avail items at a cheaper price :)

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes that's quite true when it comes to ads seen on the internet, fliers, and print ads on the newspaper. But when it comes to tv ads, that's not the case. The ads on tv are not discount oriented, but they are rather more on promoting the product and getting people to buy them. So I think that the "helpful ads" are those that are not in the form of tv commercials.

3. ursellb

ursellbNew Member

Threads:
    The real purpose of ads is not to inform us it's to make money for all the big companies so that you will buy their
    Products and make them a lot of money.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think to some extent you can gauge the value of the product from the ads. Some ads are going to show you how the product looks. So it can be one good eye opener in that case. You'd be able to understand if the product is worth purchasing or not. And that way I guess we can skip the purchase. Some ads however are not so clear about the product value being offered so we have to check it before purchase.

5. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    In my case ads help an individual save money. Such as advertisements like Domino's Pizza. They tell you about online deals and offers you can sign up for. Those types of ads are convenient because they really aren't exaggerating anything.