Do College Degrees Have Any Value Anymore?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by NinetyEighty1 • Aug 16, 2017.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @NinetyEighty1@NinetyEighty1 I am not sure which countries have no value for college degrees or these degrees are not in demand but if I talk specifically in my original country a person without a post graduate degree (which is 17-18 years education) will reach nowhere. A 10+ Or 12 years education is good for lowest cadre of jobs here.

#21Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  2. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it is your country but only from your perspective. It is not the same situation and I bet there are plenty of the people with no jobs in your origin country, why else they leave Philippines or work abroad all time?
    Just my observation.
    In my country many people walk around with no luck and with the high education while the pinheads with no school drive expensive cars and live in mansions...

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not from Philippines but India where finding a job is tough due to cutthroat competition so people study specific courses/degrees/masters or even doctorates to get a job in their chosen field. to get a good job professional degrees are most suitable in any of the following streams like engineering, education, law, medicine or management. A combination of professional degree like engineering and management or law and management serves even better.

4. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    A location on your profile says you are from the Philippines, I can't know where you are from if your data is misleading or false.

There is a huge difference between getting a good job and getting wealthy. The well educated professionals today are nothing but the high performing trained automatons in the hands of an extremely wealthy people who more than often have no formal education whatsoever.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know where did you read my profile that says I am from Philippines or misleading or false. However, I just checked my profile which says I am from NCR which is National Capital Region of India (Around New Delhi)

I am not sure which extremely wealthy people have no college background but in my country all the top hundred industrialist have sound academic background.