Do Coupons Encourage You To Try New Foods?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by cocolgooh • Jul 27, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    If I've got a coupon that takes a considerable amount off a product that I'd buy anyway, but it's a different brand to what I'm used to getting, then I'll definitely consider purchasing that instead. I'm even more likely to consider it if the price of the new product I don't normally purchase happens to be less than what I usually get. As for entirely new foods though, they don't tend to make me want to try something I wouldn't normally buy because I might not know how to use it.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yes it does and it is actually one of the ways I discover new food items and restaurants nowadays. We have sites now where they will sell coupons at a low enough price that will give us a good discount on new restaurants and also new places have made it some of their best ways to promote their new businesses as well so I think it's a win win for both customers and owners. Although to be honest sometimes the food isn't that good and I end up regretting spending my money there but it's all part of the cycle of experimentation so I don't mind that much.

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    We like to try some of the new things on the market. So I generally budget for that a little bit. And I always choose from which coupons I have available that look interesting. No fun to have the same-o-same-o all the time.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best way to entice me to try something new, whether it's a new brand or product, is to give me a free sample, whether through an actual sample or coupon for a free product. I do try some items I haven't used previously by getting a Friday Freebie at Kroger, and if I really like the product and have the money, sometimes I will purchase it in the future.

As you mentioned, if it's something I'm going to purchase anyway, but in a different brand or size, I am amenable to trying it if the coupon makes it at least equal to the cost of the one I was going to purchase, or especially if the coupon results in a cost savings for me. I'm not married to any particular brands for the most part, so if I can save money by switching brands (except on a few cat products), I will often do so.