Do Facebook ads work?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Dec 24, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    An ad placed on Facebook. theoretically, is laser targeted at the people who are the most likely to be interested in the product you have for sale. However, from what I've heard, most people who've used the ads don't have anything positive to say about them.

So question is, are they effective or not? And what's the best way to find out? This:

When was the last time you clicked on a Facebook ad?

2. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    I clicked a Facebook ad about 3 days ago last time and I clicked on it because the ad picture was funny.

Also Facebook ads are targeted... If you have a Facebook page and you post something, let's say an offer, on your Facebook page ONLY about 20% of your fans (audience) will see the offer in the news feed. If you want to increase your audience you will pay Facebook advertising and you will target your FANS ...

3. thomas

thomasNew Member

Threads:
    Yes thats true.
    Only 20 % of your Facebook-Fans see your Offer.

But Facebook Ads are very cheap. I recommend Facebook Ads.

Best Wishes and Merry Christmas
    Thomas

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I honestly think the facebook ads are useless! I have never clicked on a facebook ad and no one I know has either. THey just get in the way really. I don't think many people even pay attention to the ads they just kind of ignore them. I know half the time i'm on facebook and their is ads I don't even know what the ads are about I don't stop to look or read or what not I just keep doing what i'm doing.

5. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    From my personal experience with Facebook ads, it seems that it's a gamble. To me it seems that they are about 50% effective at best. The ads are so brief that it can be hard to really grab other's attention. Plus, many of my friends told me that they feel no one should need to pay for an ad on Facebook. It is more effective to contact people one on one. That gives you a better chance of making a real fan and not just getting a like.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I've never cliched on one either to the best of my knowledge, but you would be surprised how many do. The average click rate is only 0.2% for all ads on the internet anyway. Someone I knew had a 0.4% Click rate, so there is evidence that Facebook ads are better than average, although I assume that would be reflected in the price.

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I think the Facebook ads are useless also... becasue I speak for using Facebook as part of my business I hardly ever look for ads on my Facebook. When people log on Facebook they are looking to socialize they are not looking to spend money or nothing. When Im on I look for family and friends, the latest pictures and things. I think unless it really catchy I dont think that ads are good for facebook.

8. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think that facebook ads are really only good to create awareness. If you want people to know about something then facebook ads are the way to go. If you wanna sell things then i would say that it is not the most sure fire way to go. I think that you are better off not wasting your money there as people really wanna use facebook for social things mostly and would not be wanting to spend money.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will never click on an ad anywhere, much less on Facebook. I go out of my way to avoid them and if you get an ad past my ad blocker, I'll never visit your site again. If I want something, I'll find you. If you push your way into my day without being asked, you hit the fast track to never gaining a penny from me. Ads are annoying and invasive. We should always have the choice to see them or not.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have clicked an ad in Facebook recently because it interests me, so I guess the ratio can be 50/50 depending on the person, if he's interested enough to click on the ad or not.

11. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Those people don't have anything positive to say about them because they do not work for small businesses. Facebook ads only work for huge companies like Apple. Social Media ads are not used to increase popularity. They are used to inform people of new products. Your company has to already be popular for social media marketing to help.

12. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    Most of the time the ads on my facebook page don't interest me too much but it has happened that I've clicked an ad that was for a product I thought seemed interesting. One other thing I noticed recently is that the ads "know" what other sites you've been on. For example I was looking at hotels last week and afterwards I got a bunch of facebook ads from those hotels.

13. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Facebook has the added bonus of being a platform where your post can be shared, bringing viral power to your advertising. On top of that, Facebook has a lot of free groups. In that case, you're sometimes able to advertise for free. However, that situation is totally dependent on whether the Facebook group owner boosts the posts, but probably most of them don't.

Anyhow, in conclusion, I'd say the paid advertising is a good return on investment, but the other kind is often doubtful.

#13Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017