Do Good Deals Make You Buy More Cloths?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by moondebi • Aug 31, 2017.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Buying cloths is more of a choice rather than necessity. We do not need to buy cloths very often. However, these days, online stores offer good deals almost throughout the year. This is a kind of temptation for many of us to indulge in unnecessary buying.

I’ve noticed that my buying behavior has changed, and due these deals... I’m now buying more cloths than usual. Not all of them are necessary, but at times it becomes difficult to control the impulse.

Does this happen with you too?

2. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    Of course, I do break my resolve to always stick to budget sometimes when am offered a good deal on clothes. I always saw it as calculated risk to just spare a little expense to get more clothes.

3. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely shop for clothes and I can say that if ever I choose to buy one, I'll buy it on a regular shop since I want to test it first if it fit's me or not. Though it's less hustle to buy clothes online, I want to personally buy my clothes to have a personal feel on it. I don't think I need to buy clothes very often since I'm already satisfied with the pairs I have as of the moment.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do get excited when I see great deals especially if they are in stores but I do try to keep it in a budget and buy something I would definately wear. I usually buy clothing for my daughter and take advantage of the great deals Sincé she is growing so fast and she does need them. It has been a while since I have actually been shopping for myself.

5. Paige J

Paige JNew Member

Threads:
    I always overdo it when I see that there is a sale on clothes. I have so many clothes already that any additional ones would not be needed, but when there is a sale, it's even more amplified.

6. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    Man is set up in a way that whatever we see that we can benefit from, we tend to take full advantage of it and those deals given by online stores that sell clothes is just one of it. I think that it affects me too because whenever I see big discounts on online products, which clothes purchases are inclusive.

I always end up wondering how I spent so much on buying online clothes at that moment, but the discounts on those clothes always give me that good feeling that in as much as I spent so much on clothes purchases, the discounts were worth it!

7. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    That's obvious. :p

I think the deals are incredible ways to save good money (especially in simpler shops). Whenever I can, I take advantage of them. :)

8. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    i don't believe in that it's only a way to get rid of the old style fashioned clothes and you end up getting something that you don't like or not wear

9. nanachan7

nanachan7New Member

Threads:
    It depends. If I like the designs and quality, then I buy like five to ten pieces. These are of different designs of course. But I think some people buy clothes or things just because it's on sale. One of my friends is a shopaholic. One time she gave me a pair of shoes because it's not her size. So I asked her WHY she bought it then. Guess what she said. :p Anyway, I think people should still check if they really want it, if it has good quality, and if they will actually use it before buying it. :D

10. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Good deals might make me buy more of some stuff, but not clothes. I am not a person who likes to buy clothes, and I always wear the same clothes over and over again as I feel more comfortable with them, and hence I decided I shouldn't buy any new clothes unless I really need to. Since I am a stay at home mom, I really don't need to buy any new clothes as most of the time or all time I am just wearing t-shirt and shorts or jeans.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I will always be seeking to capitalize on good deals on clothing as long as the I am not getting outdated stuff. These deals will enable me to expand my wardrobe and at the same time allow for the extended life of the clothing in my possession because the more choices I have then the lesser the demand will be on the overall number of items.

12. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy a lot of clothes especially if they are deals for savings. But at the beginning of this year, I have made a lot of life changes. And my sometimes unnecessary clothes purchase got cut first. As much as clothes are important, if we truly prioritize what is important and measure accurately how we spend our money, clothes spending should be very minimal. We should only buy clothes as a necessity, not in excess.

13. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, good deal makes me buy more clothes. Therefore, I biuy clothes when there is a sale, the stoe has offered heavy discount, or is running buy one and get one free scheme. Buying more clothes does not mean you are spending money, you will be using the extra cloth in short time. You buy three pants when you only wanted one. Do you squander your money, not really, you could weat your othe rpants six months later.

14. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    It might although only if it was a really good deal and only if I really liked the clothes that were on offer. I wouldn't buy just for the sake of it. I remember one year there was a 'Buy one get one free' deal on some winter tops I liked and I bought 4 because I liked the designs so much. I thought buying 4 and getting them for the price of 2 was a great deal.

15. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We were in Jakarta, Indonesia last week. We found the clothes there are cheap. Where I usually buy just 1 polo shirt and 1 t-shirt, I have to admit that I was tempted to buy 3 polo shirts and 3 t-shirts. That’s for my own use aside from the ones I bought for giveaway to friends and relatives. When clothes are sold at 3 pieces for $10, how can you resist the urge to buy?

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be frank NO. If I was to buy more clothes based on deals they would no more be good deals but strain on my budget. I would buy only what I really need even if the rates were too lucrative else they would be bad deals for me.

17. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well they definintely draw me in and make me think about it, and I know that this is their point so they do their job well. I think it has led to more purchases, but less often than not.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy like that as I am a frequent traveler and find something often that either drew my attention or was cheaper than what I paid in my country or city (in case I happened to be in a different city in my own country) but I soon found out that it was okay to spend once in a while but doing that regularly would send my budget off-balance. So now I stop and think before making impulsive buying.

19. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    For quite some time here, the clothing stores in the malls are giving various offers. Some of the stores offer 5 shirts or 5 T-shirts for the price of 1. The same is applicable to jeans and formal trousers. These kinds of deals have led me to buy more clothes. Online shopping sites also provide noticeable discounts like 30% off or 50% off. These kinds of deals have made me buy more clothes.

20. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    Yes, offcorse.
    When I get good deals I prefer to buy few more clothes so that I can switch them and wear or it may be used while an occasion or party.