Do Not Use Your Personal Emails For Getting Free Samples!

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by Beast_Titan • Jan 11, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    This is based from my personal experience as a serial cheapskate. One thing you need to know about me is that I haven't bought a single bottle of shampoo for years because I get free samples from different companies. I don't have a favorite brand of shampoo because I just get them from free samples online.

Now let's get to our story time. If you want to get free samples from websites offered from this forums and or some promo from TV or social media, do not use for personal email because your important emails will be buried in an ocean of spam. Create a new email that you will use specifically for having free samples.

Now let's get down to business, I have some free sample offers below that you can try:

Free Chlorox disinfectant Wipes:

These scented wipes can help you clean dirty objects with just few wipes. It is very Handy during times you cannot afford to use soap and water.
    -----
    Fruitein Vegan protein shakes:

If you want to go vegan, It is hard to get some protein, this free sample can give you a luscious drink that can satisfy your muscle's need for protein.
    -

2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Very true. I am in suffering a lot due to spam mails. Every day I have to spend a lot of time clearing inbox. But quite surprisingly these spammers are able to collect my personal email ID too even though I haven't shared it on any sites. I read in an article that well companies like Google is also responsible for this. They share customers data with other sites for business advantage.

In Gmail there is an option to mark a sender as spam and any emails from that particular ID would be moved to spam box automatically. But in many cases these mails will reappear from another mail ID which is designed for this purpose.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    You are right you will be bombarded by all sorts of spam messages by the time you use your 'official' email on these sites offering free trial products. This is the simple reason why I use more than one email I know when I could be flooded with spam if I register for a program. To control spam from my main email I use other less serious email.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is true. Most of those websites that give our free samples via email requests will be using your email for spamming. When you send a request for free sample, you will find at the bottom of their reply, like a fine print, that says your email can be used for other purposes to promote their products and other products as well. I remember getting that kind of a response from one site that gives samples of shaver. But in fairness to that site, the shaver was delivered free of charge. Fortunately, I did not use my official email so it wouldn’t matter when I got an avalanche of spam emails.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I do appreciate this kind of advise. It is indeed worth a lesson for us. In my case, I haven't yet received any email from a product company for a free sample of their promoted items or to be sold products. Now I know a lesson from you that we should be extra careful in using our personal email. This is a very good suggestion. Now I will start trying your recommended sites to receiving such samples of the products.