Do seasonal displays actually prime your mood to shop?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Esperahol • Aug 15, 2014.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I ask because it has the exact opposite effect on me unless the time is really there. I mean if you have Pumpkins out in July then I'm just going to be annoyed not looking to purchase them. If you have Christmas stuff out while I'm buying candy for the kids then I'm just going to be upset. I missed when seasonal displays waited until the actual holiday was within sight - like less than 15 days away. Anyone else or am I alone?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Agreed, it's kind of annoying to see Christmas items on the shelves in September and it doesn't get me in a holiday mood. In fact, by the time the actual holidays roll around ,I'm bored of looking at all the Christmas stuff that has been sitting around for months.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    You're not alone!

In fact, it often makes me put it off even more. I just hate seeing it all so early and then become numb to it for those several weeks. And then suddenly, it's 2 days before whatever the next holiday is and I'm scrambling to do the shopping last minute anyway, ha.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind doing my shopping early. Should I come across christmas stuff early and the prices are OK then I'd buy them because I hate having to go shopping around the time when everyone else is doing shopping for holiday gifts and so on.

I've never compared prices to see if I get ripped but the convenience of being prepared kind of balances out any price discrepancies.

5. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it does, but not when I'm seeing Halloween stuff in July and Christmas stuff in late August or September, that just makes me feel sick to my stomach, like I don't have much longer before the Holidays come around. I fee like things are put out way to early.