Do spend on swimming accessories and toys?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Dora M • Jul 27, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I like to spend a lot of time in the water, I have acquired quite a few things that make my daily swimming more enjoyable. I have got a couple of swimming noodles, an inflatable mattress, inflatable balls, boogie board, flippers, goggles and a selection of swimsuits and bathing caps. I never realised how much I have accumulated over the years.
    How about you? Do you like swimming and do you need as many accessories and toys as I do?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I swim and I just recently bought my swimming training aids. I think it's just pretty necessary to shell out some cash for aids as they are really useful in improving technique, so you are not just swimming for nothing. You are swimming to really improve your skill. You are not just swimming to play. You are instead swimming to become a better fitness swimmer. And some of them help really to burn more calories like kicking with fins and kickboard and using paddles while doing freestyle. They make your swimming more challenging.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    If you're a pro-swimmer, I guess it's ok to get all that you need to improve your skill. For recreational swimming, it's also a good idea to get those swimming accessories especially when yuo have kids. These make swimming activities quite enjoyable and memorable at the same time. I still love them noodles even when the kids are all grown up, we still bring those with us each and every time.

4. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I love to swim as well. I have not spent a lot of money on accessories though. I have only bought two pairs of goggles, one for me and the other one was for my son. I also bought a snorkel mask because I went swimming in the Caribbean. I wanted to be able to look down on the ocean floor.

5. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    When I was swimming heavily I invested in two main things - a swim cap and goggles. Both of these are important if you are trying to get better at swimming, or even if you are just trying to concentrate on the act of swimming itself. I'm a guy with longer hair, so, in order to not have my hair be an undue burden I need the cap, and the goggles helped me judge a turn from underwater.

After a while I also invested in an underwater lap timer that was simple and could be pressed by my thumb when I kicked off the wall. That was great to get my lap times down.