Do Tastes And Preferences Change With Time?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Apr 9, 2015.

1. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I definitely agree with this one. Taste, clothing and culture as a whole changes and evolves through time. If you are watching old pictures and photographs you will understand why. Preferences is also being affected the the important events and personalities during a specific period time just like the era of Elvis.

2. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    My taste for clothes has changed over the years. I like clothes more tailored to me now, and more modest. When it comes to colors, I am convinced that my preference is according to my feelings at the time and how I need the colors to make me feel. For instance, in this season, bright red is just too much for me. I can only wear it when it is calmed by some cream color. Colors can be strong, or soothing or exhilarating, it is according to what you need.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They definitely do! I find that only in the last 10 years my taste and preferences changed 3 or 4 times! I used to prefer colorful clothing, sleeveless and fashion. Then I went to a phase where I would only wear neutrals and "boring" colors and everything had to have sleeves. Now I settled into a middle term!

4. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Tastes and preferences definitely change over time. When I was a teenager I was more into the casual look. In my early 20's I started dressing a lot more professionally. I've just matured and grown more sophisticated. In addition, I've gotten used to dressing up for work so it's only natural that I'd grow to like that type of style more.

5. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    My tastes have changed drastically over the years. When I was in my teenage/adolescent years I was a slave to trends, all I wanted to wear was what was in fashion at the time. As I've become older I grew into my own style, I like dark colors, preferably black and I almost always choose comfort and practicability over style.

6. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    Of course they do otherwise we would see old ladies walking around in tank tops and shorts. I myself look back at pics n think wtf was I thinking