Do The Daughters Of @barackobama Listen To Mental Poison When They Listen To #beyonce?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mythman • Feb 4, 2015.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    That's what Governor- & possible Presidential candidate-Mike Huckabee claims, with which

recounts Huckabee's opinion that Beyonce's sexual-lyrics & -dance make it seem hypocritical that President Barack & Michelle Obama (who carefully monitor their daughters' diets & media-exposure) "encourage their daughters' love for Beyonce"---even counting her & her husband Jay-Z among the honored guests at the President's 50th birthday-party.

I think (like Bloomberg quotes an Iowa-republican father as saying) ALL popular-music (from 'classical' to 'contemporary') can be viewed as "poison"---if you listen to it more than you study or work or listen to intellectual dialogue-&-debate. It's kind of like 'ice-cream' (or whatever other sweet things the Obamas allow their daughters a small amount-of): it's only "bad for you" IF YOU MAKE IT A MAJORITY-PART OF YOUR DIET.

I trust that Barack & Michelle do not let Beyonce's words-&-moves fill their minds---that they see her music as more of a 'snack-food,' and see her & Jay-Z as equal-to 'Ben & Jerry' in that regard :cool:

You?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    All we can do is speculate, conjecture, and opinion about other people most of us have never met face to face. I for one do not care what Barrack and Michelle Obama do with their children (aka property), they're the parents and they're responsible and liable for their creations.

As for Beyonce, she's simply another human expressing her talents through music no different the numerous singers now and in the past have done.

More overly, I've seen and heard 50 plus year old bikers listen to Beyonce while riding on their motorcycle during a sunny traffic day... yeah, it blew my mind too, but this did not shock me as much when I saw a 70 year old lady rapping along with Tupac Shakur in her car!!!

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Anything can be classified as mental poison depending on who is on the podium criticizing. Some would say all rock music is poison. Others would say country music is, etc, etc. The movies people watch could also be seen as mental poison by others. So IMO, no one should be judging someone because they listen to certain artists. "Mental poison" IMO is everywhere on the net for example.

In any case, Obama's daughters are old enough to know who can or can't be a negative influence to them.

4. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    You're right, in a world where we spend 100% of the time consciously-aware of 'what is being downloaded into our subconscious.'

But back in the real world ... do you know how the KGB hypnotized it's people (was that the Russians? I forget :p)? Propaganda-flooding. If your subconscious-mind is exposed to an idea enough, it will believe whatever the idea-promoters need it to believe.

It's like a virus. For the same reason vaxxers don't want anti-vaxxers kids in their schools (because the anti-vaxxers' kids are tasty carriers of the viruses), Huckabee doesn't want Barack-&-Michelle's 'future ingredient added to society' to be infected by the "mental poison," which they would then carry-&-transmit into the society.

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Forgive me for being judgmental here but leave it to Mike Hackabee to make such a comment. But wait a minute being judgmental is right up Huckabee's ally. Sorry, not a fan of this man. I think that its ridiculous to even ponder this. Its Beyonce they are listening to not Marilyn Manson, now that would be cause for alam. Not just for Huckabee but for the Obama's as well. To be honest I think these are two level headed young women who seem well adjusted, so I don't seem them being effected by Beyonce's music in a negative way.