Do Trust Traders On Alibaba?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 12, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    I have thinking of starting an import business buying smart phones from china and distributing them.
    I would to buy online via Alibaba; anyone with experience buying on the site? please

2. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I would be careful when importing from any sellers on Alibaba unless they are a proper company or a trusted seller. Because a lot of the items on there are made in China, they could easily be fakes which could end up costing you a lot as I don't think Alibaba protect buyers against fake goods. I might be wrong so it's worth checking that out

3. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    thank you @kingcool52@kingcool52, I know I have to be careful I can't risk $3000 with a trade I don't trust. I rather just do another business.
    and that's why I am so determined to hear from a real person who have actually imported laptops via the site; this way I have true logistics and some trust on the both the trader and shipping company.

#3Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have never had to up to this point, and I am going to guess that it will likely stay this way. I have not head anything overly negative about them though, but just on the surface I would be careful just for the sake of being careful.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I can recall that the Chinese government had sanctioned Alibaba, not too long ago, because of issues with some of the companies which are members of its trading platform. Therefore, it seems that the government are moving to a more credible manufacturing environment but may take some time to be totally achieved. What I do know, is that may of the companies are willing to provide samples of their goods before you decide to purchase so that may be of some help to you.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't done any business with Alibaba but have heard some unfavorable gist about the risk that could be involved trying to do transact with companies on that site. Well I have long decided not to order any stuff from the company since I vouch for their reputation yet. I wouldn't advice you go ahead until they are able to come out with good credibility.