Do we need anything BUT Internet access?

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by Sampson • Jul 11, 2012.

1. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    Yeap, you're doing a good job at cutting cost. There's really no need to have double access to the same thing. Be it internet access on the phone AND computer, or access to the TV AND online streaming.

If you're more of an internet user, there really isn't any need to subscribe to TV channels. The free ones would do, like you yourself stated. But if you were to compare using mobile phone data package with having an unlimited broadband, it's quite obvious for me that you can do more things on the internet through a computer than through your phone.

2. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    At some point, especially has speeds get better and those better speeds are more common place, the internet will engulf our lives more and more daily. Right now, things like internet tv are in its infancy. But once the internet officially gets rid of the use of normal tv sets, then the net will be all we need.

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I like the Skype app as well, and I always use it over my regular phone. I like to see the person when I'm talking to them. I don't like holding the phone to my ear I prefer to just hold the phone in front of me. I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to take advantage of all the uses Internet has brought us.

4. EvoDoom

EvoDoomMember

Threads:
    This would definitely be a good option for me if it wasn't for the fact that other people live in my house. I only ever use the internet as I watch all my programs online and use skype to talk with friends. However, due to me not being the only resident we have TV etc for them. Good idea for saving money though! :)

5. vaericke

vaerickeNew Member

Threads:
    Internet connection is really one of the most important things for me since you can access it all in the INTERNET. And you really need it for almost everything like homework, work and other things like buying online and the like.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the best form of entertainment is the internet, so this is the number 1 thing that you should acquire first. The thing that you could do without nowadays is the landline in my opinion, because mobile phones can easily do it's job.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yup, we only pay cell phone and internet. We haven't missed the rest yet.

8. Anna_Bella07

Anna_Bella07Member

Threads:
    Hi

Yeah what you say is correct. We have mobile phones which are capable of doing all of what a PC could do. But still sometimes when you are in need of any official works then PC will surely be necessary. So its always better to have a PC with good internet connection with us. Its never going to be waste.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Finally, someone that understands what i am saying. Last time i turned on the TV to watch something was like what, 1 year ago? I get everything from the internet and i barely make any calls, and the ones i do is from my mobile phone, so i can't i just pay for the internet and be done with it?

10. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like having a TV, even though I could watch some stuff online. Having a TV makes me feel like I am connected to the world in real time, gives me up to the minute news. I know that I could live with just the Internet, but I would prefer not to. I like being able to turn on my TV and be done with it.

Same goes with my land line, I like being able to use it right away if my cell phone happens to not be charged. I can just grab my land line and talk, easy.

11. Tribie

TribieMember

Threads:
    Though I agree that all we need is internet, I am not putting all my eggs in one basket just yet. If for some reason you lose your connection, you won't have anything left to do because you won't have a TV, radio, news or gaming console if you decide to get rid of that too. Unless I experience very good service with no cuts or slow times, I will get rid of everything else but the TV.

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Our family actually had our landline cut 2 years ago because everyone we knew had a mobile phone and we could order fast-food online. I'm also questioning the wisdom of retaining our cable subscription since my sons watch the shows they like via the internet anyway. My husband and I watch the news which you don't need cable for and we like watching movies on DVD.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All I need to be entertained and watch my favorite shows is internet but I still have to pay for my landline for the DSL because my desktop computer doesn't have a wireless card.
    I haven't had cable since 2008, I watch everything online.

14. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with Adeal4u and others who have responded to this question. Everything is moving to the internet now, so there's no need to pay for cable and land line services. Not only are there television programs, movies, etc., which are streamed online, but there are VOIP services, such as Skype and Google Chat, which persons can use instead of land line phones. The internet makes everything so easy and convenient for everyone.

15. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have satellite TV, but only because I am not the one who pays for it. I could be perfectly content watching only the local broadcast options. We don't have to pay a television license in the U.S., I suppose that is why so many people seem to have a TV in every room. We have to purchase the TV, and we have to pay for the electricity to use it. I can't imagine anyone paying just to be able to watch it. I am always using my computer so watching online wouldn't work since I couldn't watch and type at the same time.