Do You Access Internet From A Phone Or Laptop?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by remnant • May 13, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly access the internet through my phone. Data bundles loaded on a phone save a lot of bandwidth and therefore cash because the bundles last longer. Laptops and cyber cafes consume alot of bandwidth over a short time because the images and text downloads are larger. However, I use them when I need to use some features and applications that need larger capacities.

2. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, definitely. The Internet is pretty cheap here, so I don't even think of it. I guess it's pretty hard to find a person who doesn't have the access on his phone. The smart one, of course.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me unlimited data plans are more cost-efficient because I watch a lot of movies and download a lot of other files. If it weren't for that I'd probably use my phone to browse the net as it would be cheaper.

That's why I suppose what you do when you are on the net will determine which device you use. I'd hate to watch youtube videos on a mobile device.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't currently have a cell phone, but when I did, I had an unlimited plan. It just seemed more cost effective, especially considering how expensive data plans were back then, not to mention the cost of overages. Even so, I don't think I ever got the money's worth of data, although I sure used up the minutes, which was the main purpose of having the unlimited plan. I use my tablet quite a bit these days, but mainly when I'm here at home, or on a friend's wifi, so there are no charges.

5. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    I use both but mostly my laptop. I don't like looking at phone screens because they're so much smaller, but I do like using it for music and videos in transit. Everything else is better suited for my laptop usually.

6. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Mostly from a laptop. Mobile browsing is very slow or limiting for my liking, maybe because I have already like six years with the same phone: a samsung GT of old. For me the ideal portable devices to do everyday stuffs like internet browsing, mail check etc. is a tablet.

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I certainly access the Internet through phone and laptop, but I prefer to use WiFi over data subscription since the former offers more stable connection than the latter. I used to be so big on using my laptop but because I get so tired lately, I've been using my phablet more recently. Also, when you're always on the go, it's always better to surf the net through your phone via mobile data. Unfortunately, you'll have to bear with the unstable connection.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I borrow the library's netbook or their internet computers only. I don't have a cell phone or smartphone of any kind. I am trying to win a tablet at pch.com. We only pay for printouts and we bring our own flashdrive etc.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a laptop, but I have a desktop PC. I use both when browsing the net, and when I use my mobile phone, I just turn off the images so that I can save on data. I prefer reading webpages using my phone since I can lie down as compared to using a PC.

10. rainhero

rainheroNew Member

Threads:
    I use both my phone, and my laptop. My phone has unlimited data, but it would seem that whenever I access outside of home where my wifi is set up it is much slower and sometimes does not work unless I turn wifi on and off like three times. I think it's either my phone is not a very good one, or my service is pathetic. But accessing from home is much better for me. I do use both very frequently though.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use my laptop for the internet searches and work I do. I don't really think the use of data makes our bill increase. It is bundled with the tv. I don't like searching on my phone.

12. rainhero

rainheroNew Member

Threads:
    I just wish my phone internet was better than it actually is. I don't mind searching on my phone at all, but it gets annoying what with the disconnecting and reconnecting issue. Hopefully that will all be fixed when I get a new phone. If not I will know it's my phone service provider.

13. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    I use my desktop at home more than anything. But, I also use my phone when I am away from my desk or out away from home. I have a laptop, but I rarely use it.

14. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I use both. Staring at a phone screen hurts my eyes if I do it for an extended period of time. So I try to limit that. Also, when I'm doing work I tend to do it on my laptop. As I have to type for an extended period of time. Also blog a bit and I don't think it's practical to do it on my phone. Of course I'm on social media and I do most of that on my phone. So it's really a mix of both.

15. jfranky

jfrankyNew Member

Threads:
    I use both depending where I am. If I am outside I will definitely use my phone, and if I am at home I usually use my laptop. Although many people are starting to exclusively use their phones for accessing the Internet (even at home) I still prefer using my laptop because I often watch movies and TV shows on it, it has a bigger screen for surfing the internet, I can play video games on it etc. One more problem I have with using the Internet on my phone is that I type really slowly on phone's keyboard, so I prefer much more typing long messages on my laptop.

16. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    These days you can pretty much go anywhere and find a good WiFi connection, at least around where I live, and that make it really easy to access the internet on the phone. I do have a data plan but I still do not like using it and get paranoid that I will go over my limit, but public WiFi is a life saver sometimes. You have to be careful though, and I never use it to put any information out there, just usually directions or things like that.

17. HealthAndVitality

HealthAndVitalityMember

Threads:
    A desktop computer for me as am always busy with online studies. I rarely access the internet on my phone, I will only do it if am not at home and it is very important.

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been using my tablet as a main access to the internet recently because my laptop broke down and I haven't found any good replacements. It's alright but there are some compromises I've had to put up with such as not having the ability to attach any sort of plug in to my web browser and also I dislike that if I leave the window idle for too long sometimes it refreshes by itself and sometimes it restarts whatever progress I have on that window. Still better than nothing though and it's at least portable.

19. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly use a laptop for all my applications, live streams of my favorite sports, movies and You Tube Videos. I also use my laptop for banking transactions and keying intensive apps. I limit my mobile to shopping for groceries, household stuff, and general browsing.

20. NickJonathan98

NickJonathan98Member

Threads:
    I personally have unlimited bandwidth on home internet connection and a 10GB mobile internet plan.

As far as laptops are concerned, I try to use WiFi connection as much as possible.
    Otherwise, I setup a hotspot on iPhone and I connect my laptop to it via WiFi.