Do You Always Drink A Beverage With Your Lunch/dinner?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sunnyside • Apr 26, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    Do you always have a beverage during or after lunch or dinner? If so, do you prefer a hot beverage or a cold beverage?

After lunch I always like to drink some kind of beverage, usually a cold beverage. However, I find that drinking just plain ice water can be a good substitute for this too. Juice drinks or aerated drinks (soda) are all costly, so I would use water in place of these drinks on some occasions. We usually have our biggest meal in the middle of the day - what we call lunch, and at night we would have supper which is usually a light meal consisting of snacks and sandwiches. It is at this time that I would drink a hot beverage.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    During summer especially with the drought we are suffering now, it is imperative to have a cold drink while having a meal. I feel like gagging with the food when the weather is hot that's why I drink once in a while to aid my swallowing. But since I am on a diet now so my drink is not soda but juice with lots of ice. And sometimes I drink only water with a lace of lemon drips.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Here in Hawaii the temperatures are mild, so I usually drink iced cold water with my meals or a vitamin infused powder that I found at Walmart that went up from 1.12 to 1.76! When I was young I drank soda all the time and went up to 200 lbs. on a 4'11" frame! That's all stopped for over a decade and I still got to loose weight as per my doctor's orders, so water it is or sugar free 7up with some treats all on sale!

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, it's summer here in my country, which means having a cold drink with each meal is somewhat refreshing. I know it's not healthy... But lately, I've been having more Coca Cola than usual. The colder, the better, especially if it's with ice. Just going downstairs to eat can make you sweat bullets, I promise you. Lol. So it's nice to have that ice cold cup of soda, even though I have avoided soda for quite a while now. I'm back to drinking it because of the intense heat.

Otherwise, if it isn't the summer season, it's just plain water for me. I don't even have cold water, just room temperature water. I can make some home made juice sometimes, but only if I have the time, being super busy with work and household chores. I'd make orange juice, a banana smoothie or whatever fruit is in season.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I drink room temperature water or coffee most of the time. I'm a coffee addict and have a dependency on caffeine, so I try to mitigate the effects of all that unhealthy coffee by drinking water the rest of the time.
    When people refer to coffee being healthy, they are usually referring to black coffee ,not the coffeehouse barista delights I put together.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually have a drink sometime around having a meal. I may not necessarily drink it at the same time I have the meal, but before or after. Sometimes I have it during the course of the meal. I will drink almost any beverage with my meal. It depends on what I have around and what I am in the mood for actually.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I almost always have a beverage with me wherever I am because I never know when I am going to get thirsty. I used to drink a lot of coffee and always had a cup with me, but now I switch to water or juice in the afternoon. As far as lunch and dinner is concerned I like to drink coffee with lunch and wine with dinner.

8. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I always have a cold drink with my meals as I find that they help to fill me up so I don't need to eat so much. I don't know if it really saves me much money to do this, but I feel like it does anyway! I like to make sure that I don't overeat and I find that drinking certainly helps with this. I 'll sometimes have soda, other times I'll have water or maybe a milk drink occasionally.