Do you always leave a product review?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by rossonomous • Apr 9, 2014.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    If you buy something online, do you leave a product review every time?

For example, I shop on Amazon quite a lot and I always tend to leave a product review because they are what have helped me choose a product. If people didn't write them, it would be really hard to choose what to buy!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're one of the good guys rossonomous.

You pay back for reviews that you find helpful by leaving a review of your own. I like that.

I may think about that in future because to be honest without a review [or with a fake review] how can you tell that a product is worth buying? If more people would write reviews about products they've bought it would make shopping much easier for us all since from all the reviews you see you can tell if it's worth spending your money on.

p.s From now on, I'll make it a habit to leave a review even if it's a very short one.

3. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I always enjoy leaving reviews for anything if the option is available. Been doing a lot of user reviews on newegg lately, I like anytime I can give stars to something. I guess it makes me feel important for some reason.

4. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    I don't always leave a review and in fact find myself reviewing products more often when I was dissatisfied with it. I think a lot of people are like me in this regard, and that's part of the reason why you have to be careful with online reviews. The percentages of good vs. bad reviews can be heavily skewed by that fact that most people only write when they have something really great or really bad to say.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never leave a review unless I am absolutely delighted with a product or service. I simply don't have the time. But I definitely appreciate others taking their time to help me with my choices. Although, I often don't believe what's written in a lot of the reviews, suspecting that the people behind it get paid by companies to write glowing reports. Either way, it's always insightful. :)

6. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Even short reviews benefit people! It's always nice before buying a product to see that other people have given positive thoughts.

I think it's just the good feeling of helping others out.

This is quite a normal trend too. When people are happy they tend to forget about it, but when they are not happy it sticks in their mind and they want to vent their feelings.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, no, I can't say that I always leave a review. I do a fair amount of the time, and honestly I would like to try to more, but I want to leave good quality reviews. I don't want to just say one or two words about an item. So sometimes I don't have the extra time or the extra interest in a certain item one way or the other to leave the kind of review quality that I would prefer to leave.

8. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    I think leaving reviews is a way to put the power into the hands of the buyers. If fellow buyers know about the good and bad products out there, then we can make informed decisions and protect ourselves against shoddy products and companies. That being said, I don't always find the time to post reviews. I wish I did, and really appreciate those dedicated people out there posting those reviews. Keep up with the good work, guys.

9. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    I am actually more likely to leave a product review if I was really impressed with the product. For some reason when I don't like a product very much I don't leave a review for it. I probably should start leaving negative reviews! ahah.

10. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I usually don't leave product reviews. I don't think my opinion matters that much when most products already have many reviews. If I leave a positive review it wouldn't be very helpful and if I left a critical one I would be afraid of people disagreeing with me. The only times I have were on Steam for a few games that upset me.

11. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    If I buy something online, i always try to leave a review. I think it's only fair and it's helpful to other buyers out there like me:) But sometimes if a product already has hundreds of reviews with my opinion I just leave it, because it's obvious to any potential buyer that the product is good!

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't always leave reviews. I will only do it if I really liked or really disliked a product. I have also left reviews before if I felt there was something important worth pointing out to customers - for example if a product gave me an allergy, if it's not the same it says to be, and things like that. But if the product is OK and I don't have anything relevant to say I don't waste my time with a review.

13. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    I do when I can. Sometimes I'm just in so much of a rush I don't really focus on it. Although, now that I'm looking at more products on Amazon.com I really wish that more people would leave reviews, so I'm going to start leaving more reviews as a matter of habit.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I leave product reviews on Amazon and Walmart.com 90% of the time because product reviews help me to decide which items to buy online, so I try to be helpful to other people by letting them know what my experience was with the product.
    When I buy on ebay I also leave feedback for individual sellers because eBay decides a seller's search ranking and privileges based on feedback, so it's really important.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will leave a product review for electronics because I read other reviews before I make a purchase. I never write a review for a book or CD even though Amazon will send me about 2 reminder emails. I just don't feel compelled to write a review for a book.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't usually, because most of the things I shop for online are items I give away as gifts, so I almost never have any personal experiences with the things I buy. As for the ones I buy as personal purchases, I tend to want to experience the product fully first and make sure it won't break down on me prematurely, so I usually wait months until I write a review. If the product were less likely to break down early, then I would try to leave a reply early. I find it odd that these shops don't offer bonuses for doing it, though, since it's a lot more appealing to consumers if there were something offered in return.

17. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I leave a product review sometimes, especially if the product has made a great impact on me (both positively and negatively). On ebooks I bought from Amazon, I usually don't leave a review since I tend to forget doing so. I were to be paid to write reviews, I definitely would and I'd be very honest about it. If I think the review is quite long I feel it would be beneficial to other consumers, I would make a full write up about it on my blog or on a paid writing site. I still made an effort to make a blow by blow review, so I might as well earn from it. :)

18. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Not always but for me before i buy it I must read review. I usually leave a review where I can but sometimes I just depend on other people to see how they experienced the product. I have seen many people have to read tons of reviews before they can make a simple decision. But I guess if you want the value of your money, then you will just have to read a couple of reviews.

19. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I am a big advocate of leaving product reviews for anything and everything. For example; I recently moved to a new host and now I am publishing reviews about them on some big hosting review sites. It doesn't take long to review a product and it certainly does help other people make up their minds.

20. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    I have about 120 reviews on Amazon right now. I am much more likely to leave a review if I am unhappy with the item. Maybe I just like to complain? But I feel I give honest reviews from my perspective. Plus I love reading ALL of the reviews before buying anything online!