Do you always leave a product review?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by rossonomous • Apr 9, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I've only one left one review on Amazon and it was for the worst router in the history of routers. Not only did it takes to actually set up my internet connection, but once we finally did get everything hooked up, the connection dropped off every 15 minutes. Tried to deal with it for another few days and eventually just returned the thing.

Most of the time though, I don't really find it's worth it for me to write a scathing or positive review about a product.

2. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    It depends on how many reviews the item already has, and if I agree with them. If there's 5000 positive reviews, and I had a positive experience, I'll check the "Found this helpful" or agree button with some of them on the page. If it doesn't have very many, say ~100, I'll write one and tell how I felt about the product.

Some websites will give you discount codes or coupons for writing reviews, and that's always a nice bonus. It also makes me want to order from them again. It does depend on the site, though. Places like Ebay, customers and sellers rely on the feedback so it's a good idea to take that seriously. When I order from Amazon, I may not write the review immediately after getting the item. I usually wait about a month and go down the list of my past orders, and write reviews for them.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly do not leave product reviews as much as I should. I think they are helpful for people, and they let companies know about what they are doing right and wrong. Plus, they help counter against all of the fake reviews that are out there. I honestly just don't really think about leaving reviews unless I'm dissatisfied or something.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't written a product review yet, but I have always thought that I will write one as soon as I encountered a bad product. Maybe if I'm really satisfied and impressed with the product then I will also write a review, but right now I'm only inclined to write a review if I had a bad experience with a product.

5. epiczail

epiczailBanned

Threads:
    It's bad but I very seldom will leave a review. I've left 2 or 3 probably. I really need to do them more though because they are so valuable for buyers making decisions on what to purchase. I've bought or not bought many things because of the reviews.

6. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    If it's a product I really love I'll write a gushing review for it. If it simply gets the job done and nothing more I won't. I'm not really big on leaving negative reviews, either, unless I believe the customer is getting ripped off then I'll subtly drop a few hints in there. I'm not that interested in just bashing a product entirely.

7. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I would generally only leave a review if I have a strong opinion on the product I bought. If it's of really bad quality or even a fake, I'd make certain to get my money back, report the buyer and leave a horrible review warning others. If it's amazing, I'll leave one to let everyone know that this is a reputable buyer and that they can trust that they'll get their moneys worth.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The only time I write a product review is if there is something extraordinarily good or bad about the product. For example, I bought a Mr. Coffee iced tea brewer and had problems with it regularly leaking all over the counter when brewing tea. There was something inherently wrong with the design of the product, which was causing the tea to stream down the side of the brewer, instead of dripping into the pot - it was a problem with the shape of the spout as well as water tension that was causing this. At first I thought I was doing something wrong with it, until I looked up the product on Amazon and discovered that a lot of other people were having the same problem, so I added my review as well.

Another time I had purchased a Cuisinart Rotisserie oven, which was pretty expensive too, like $250 - and I was really disappointed with it. The grease tray was too shallow and the fat that collected in it would overflow regularly. The reflector panel was nearly impossible to keep clean and always looked ugly when the appliance was out on the counter, and the interior of the appliance was too small (even though the overall unit was rather large) so the fat would splatter all over the walls and glass and get caked on everything. Plus the "kebab" skewers would never hold anything on them, all the food would just slide off while stuff was cooking. And the "hamburger" attachment was useless - why would I want to wait an hour to cook a hamburger in a rotisserie oven when there is no benefit whatsoever to cooking it that way? There is no point in making a hamburger spin around.

9. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I do when I get the chance, but mostly its only when I am unhappy with a product, lol. I might end up going and giving a bit of a rant if the product isn't what it's suppose to be. However I do sometimes leave positive reviews for people and products.

10. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    I don't leave a review unless I am dissatisfied with the product. For example, I bought a dress online recently, and the picture looked quite lovely, yet when the dress arrived, it was too small, the skirt was transparent and much too short. Immediately, I logged in to leave a negative review, and saw a few other negative reviews under a mountain of positive ones.

Reviewing products is certainly important, but a buyer should go through a few pages of reviews if they are considering a product online. You never know what problems you might run into!

11. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely would leave a review whether it will sounds good or bad but only if I was sent an email to request a review because I really can't be bothered to go back to the site and find out how to leave a review (though it is actually easy :D).

12. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    Well most of the times if I am actually writing a review it is because I am not satisfied with the product and I want to warn people about it. There are times where I get a really good product that I want to post a positive review. Some sites give you membership reward points for giving feedback.

13. tmbits

tmbitsNew Member

Threads:
    I ALWAYS leave a review for any product that I buy, either online or instore! I do because I rely on other relies before I buy that product, so I consider it just plain courtesy for that next guy like me that's looking at that item! Not only that but it helps the manufacturer or seller to improve the product or service! If the item is rife with problems, its the only way a conscientious producer has to fix and improve his service! And equally, on the otherside, if the seller/manufacturer is of low ethics it can help remove him from the market! AND save future buyers the heartache of discovering what you know. Absolutely leave a review!

14. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I like to give feedback to wherever or whoever deserves it. I make it a point to provide my opinion on certain things especially if I think they can still improve. Giving feedback to an establishment or product will help them to upgrade or improve on things. Most often than not, giving out feedback also provides advantages. What others do is when you participate on providing feedback, you can earn a coupon to a raffle with a very hefty price. This motivates me to provide honest and original feedback.

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I only leave product review for bad products so that people will have to think twice about buying it. I also leave reviews for products that did fine but most of those good products are already well reviewed so I just give them like a rating or something.

16. j24a25c5c2@yahoo.com

Threads:
    I try and leave a review every time that I buy or use something. This was not always the case as I used to feel that it wasn't important to leave a review, but as soon as I started shopping online and wondering about certain products myself, I really thanked those who did leave reviews because I was able to figure out if I wanted the product or not before even buying it. So I always make it a point to leave a review now.

17. secondhandsaint

secondhandsaintNew Member

Threads:
    I tend to only write reviews if the item is really good, or really bad. Especially if I notice that a lot of people are posting positive reviews on something I had a negative experience with. A lot of companies are being caught paying for reviews, and I want to make sure to get my truth out there.

18. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Not always, but I try to. I enjoy and rely on product reviews when I am considering a few brands or looking to purchase a big ticket item so I try to return the favor. If I don't have the time to post a review I make sure to make a note to do it if I had a particularly good or bad experience with a brand. I just think it is nice to let other buyers know what to expect and help them save time and possibly money.

19. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I only leave product reviews if the product just completely blew my expectations out of the water, or if the product was just horrible, and I felt the need to let others know. Now that I think about it, I really should start writing reviews for more of the products I purchase, so that shoppers can see from a different perspective, which would allow them to better judge if the product is right for them or not.

20. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    I am likely to leave a review on a product if my rating is one of two extremes. I will leave a review if I am extremely happy with the product or if I am very disappointed. I usually leave extremely detailed reviews on why I like or dislike something so that someone in the future has a good description to take into consideration.