Do You Always Update Your Apps?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Parker • Aug 28, 2014.

1. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I never update my apps. It is annoying to go through the whole process, especially when I am in the middle of doing something else. Plus, I do not see the significance of it. My tablet continues to work fine without doing any updating.

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do. I don't really see the reason why not. The apps are updated for a reason, and I definitely want to have the app be as well running as possible, so, yeah I want the bugfixes. :) Besides, Android updates most apps autonatically, so I don't see a problem.

3. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Oh man, I have a huge issue with this, I have to keep all my apps up to date, it's a compulsion.
    Aside from always liking to have the most recent version of any program I have, I also can't stand having the notifications of it showing on the app store. If there's any type of number indicating a new update I have to update it so my screen looks clean again.

4. jessicazi

jessicaziNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I often update the apps once it reminds me there is newest one and i don't want to miss any new functions.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't always update my applications, because of space issues, and it is often aspects of applications that I do not ever use that are asking to be updated. Some of them update automatically as well, which can be annoying and pretty frustrating to attempt to reverse in order to free up some more space.

6. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I exactly do this. I feel like if they are updated they are gonna bring new features, as well as more stability. The only problem I have is that sometimes they burn way too much storage, they should work on that.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I had to manually delete an application that seemed to install itself with an update yesterday. It appeared on one of my home screens, after I had agreed to Google updating one of its applications on my smartphone. But then something different, or extra, appeared, which I did not consciously agree to being installed.

8. jessicazi

jessicaziNew Member

Threads:
    yeah, absoutely

9. DreekLass

Threads:
    Yes, a lot of the time updates do bring more stability to the software or application that you are updating. But at the same time there are thousands of games and applications on Google Play that, after they have been updated, no longer work for most of the people who download them.

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I will always make sure that my apps are up to date, because I know that this is the best way to be able to make sure that they're working properly, and that I can get the most possible usage out of them. I will check for updates daily on my phone, so everything is always up to date and as it should be for me. This is the best thing to do in my opinion, as I don't really want to be wasting my time with out of date apps.

11. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Wait, doesn't Android already update my apps without my consent anyway? I thought I didn't have a choice, lol. Can I possibly find an "untickable" option to disable this feature? I want to have some sort of flexibility when downloading apps which I don't really want to update. Maybe I like the older version, what do you think, Google?!?!?!? :D

12. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    It is frustrating that the apps that are already installed on your phone or tablet take up useful storage especially if they are ones that you don't ever use. I usually forget to update apps unless they tell me that I am unable to use them until I update. But unless that happens, I don't usually worry about updates for my apps.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have Android on my phone and tablet. I don't really concern myself with updates. After all, it updates itself automatically. The only concerns are will the apps still function as well with these updates and will these updates take up extra space on my phone. Other than that, I just let the technology do its thing.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When my Samsung J7 was new, I was wondering why sometimes it takes time for the reaction but the usual speed of that phone is quick. When my husband investigated, he found out that the apps are automatically updating themselves. Understandably the phone will slow down when an app is being updated. What he did was to unclick the update function of the apps and my phone was back to normal.

15. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I don't update my old apps only because I used a different iTunes account when I downloaded them. And now I have a different iTunes account and you can't update them unless you delete and download them again. And I'm too lazy to do that, lol. Plus, I love the old Facebook and I'd rather stick to the older version than the newer ones. But for the new apps I've downloaded, I do update them.

16. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I used to always try to, and then it seemed to get to the point where I was unable to keep up with all of them and now it is just update when it is convenient and I happen to think about it. The one app that I do always try to keep updated is my maps apps that shows me directions, because that one is important and it tends to be really slow unless it is the newest version.

17. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Keeping all your apps up-to-date has its pros and cons. I guess one of the advantages is that you can ensure that the app you're using has minimal to no bugs, provide that you read some of the review. Personally, if I see some complaints on the reviews section, I don't update the app yet and wait for the outstanding issue to get resolved first.

Every time I get the chance to connect to a free wifi (which is everyday at work), I update my most commonly used apps since I don't wanna use up all my data plan in updating apps.