Do You Believe It?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by teabwoi • Dec 6, 2014.

1. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I was reading some news in the music world yesterday and I saw a post on this website that was talking about how lil wayne was thinking about leaving cash money because they are holding him back and not letting him make the type of music that he wants to make for his fans.

I was thinking to myself that maybe this is just a publicity stunt for him to be able to sell more copies of his album.

What do you guys think because today I saw him in a video speaking about how he was tired of them and that he was in a bad situation and that he is getting out of it soon.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Pfff, I'll believe Lil Wayne, when he gives me a million dollars. As for Cashmoney, I could care not what those morons do.

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Lil-Wayne-bm01.

I ready this story too. I hope Lil Wayne does leave Cash Money. His relationship with Birdman ALWAYS gave me the creeps. I think he needs to really break ties with this man. He doesn't need him to be a success. Lil Wayne is creative and smart enough on his own.

Attached Files:

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lil Wayne USED to be creative and smart, but he's been phoning it in for years now on cruise control. He should leave Cash Money and then he should start putting some effort into his music once again. I doubt the relationship between them is that bad, but it's probably not a publicity stunt either. It's not like Lil Wayne really needs to drum up publicity for himself. He's still one of the biggest rappers in the business, for better or worse.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Going public about his intention to leave Cash Money records won't change much. If he wants to be creative, etc, etc, why can't he just leave instead of merely talking about it? As a famous rapper he could get signed by any record label since he still has numerous fans who'll still buy his music.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This isn't even news. I thought he was the founder of Cash Money. Wouldn't it stand to reason that as founder and producer of a certain firm you have enough leeway to do music as you please? The fuss isn't even understandable. Well, as some of you have already mentioned, this could be a publicity stunt to direct the attention to his firm and his upcoming single or album.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    He isn't the founder of Cash Money . . . Bryan Williams is. Wayne's record label is Young Money Entertainment, which isn't a real company. It's an imprint of Cash money records.
    I guess that's why Cash Money could stifle his creativity if they wanted to.

8. Nate5

Nate5Member

Threads:
    Well if he feels like it, Lil Wayne probably has the funds to do so. I haven't really heard his music in a while, but the only reason I stopped was because his music was starting to get really trite. If he believes that leaving Cash Money can allow him to make better music, then why not?

9. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I'm honestly not a big fan of Lil Wayne's music aside from a few catchy tracks that he puts out. I think his music could certainly use an uplifting and get more effort put into it. Maybe by leaving Cash Money he'll be able to do that, but there's always that possibility that Cash Money is the one holding his stuff together and it could get worse if he does leave. We'll see what happens depending on what he decides to do.

10. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I remember when lil wayne was like at the prime of his game man his music used to be sick. These days I think he has just reached a point in his musical career and he just feels like he does not have to work as hard. He is already successful so he doesn't really have to work that hard you know.

11. Atlas_Hope

Atlas_HopeNew Member

Threads:
    I think it's just a way to promote himself and garner interest since you don't hear about him as compared to other music artists and rappers in the game right now. I feel in addition there's been a few times he's said he was planning on quitting making music for differing reasons, but it's really difficult to tell the legitimacy of both these things.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ciara also said that before, complaining that her label doesn't give her leeway to create the music that she wanted to create. I'm pretty sure that the Illuminati is the one to blame for that. Once you become a puppet, then they have 100% control of what you put out there. Oh well. Let's just see what will happen to Lil' Wayne's career and music in the future.

13. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think artists should be free to be the creative people they are. If he feels he is being held back as an artist and that they are hindering him from producing the kind of work he wants to do, he should definitely find someone else or do something independent for a while to let the creative juices flow.