Do You Buy As Seen On Tv Products

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by luri • Jun 1, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any "as seen on TV products". The main reason why I avoid such products is they are exorbitantly priced high. Since most of the as seen on TV products are "luxury products" the products that we don't actually need, I avoid buying such products.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like some of the products as seen on TV. One day I found these products at my Walgreens, so I bought the blue unclog your sinks Sani Sticks, it's 11.99! Others like it for today I went to check on some products and there was just one broke package left on shelf. I like some of the as seen on TV products and wonder about them. Was so happy to see them at Walgreens so I can get some of the items I'm interested in at Walgreens.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I do like buying as seen on TV products but I never purchased directed from the number that appears on TV instead I wait for the product to be available in stores. I own a couple of those items and they only cost me $1 to my surprise. Those are the types of deals I like and wait for and even if they wee cheap the products worked well.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely do these types of buying because I always think that the media factor is always greater than the efficiency of the product itself. I prefer to buy taking into consideration other methods (and preferably cheaper products).

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pardon me for my skepticism but I already had sad experiences with that home shopping. on tv. The first was the car liquid wax that would be applied and wiped with a cloth. That simple. But the wax was so sticky that I couldn’t remove it from the surface of the car that instead of making it shiny, the opposite happened, the surface was a mess so I had to wash off the wax. Now there is Gloxi, the drink that could make you grow inches regardless of your age. Oh, would you buy that? Come one, we are not fools.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    My parents used to buy stuff seen from tv in the mid 90's. I remember they bought a Coleman flashlight and a mop among other things. They were useful and durable, so I don't think a lot of things being peddled in tv are luxury items, especially if it's kitchen or household items. I do agree that some can be totally useless, but I've only seen such ads in Youtube that was shown in the US and not in my country.

7. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't but these products. The fact that in most instances these items are being promoted by paid actors, who may have never used or tested these products, leads me to believe that the products may not be as great as they want me to believe, therefore, I would rather stay clear of them.

8. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It is very very tempting, I will admit, for some of them at least. Some of the ones that have the people doing things around the house where you know that you could use it, those would be nice, for about one week until I imagine they break or run their course.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I remember seeing a slimming leggings being advertised on TV and I got really interested because it looks so amazing. Then I was shocked at its price which costs $70 just for a plain black leggings. If that's the case then I guess I should just get myself a normal leggings from the local store which will only cost me $3-5.

10. ursellb

ursellbNew Member

Threads:
    @luri@luri Yes I have bought As seen on tv products
    I have bought a flashlight and a few other things. There is nothing wrong with those products.

#10Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2017
  11. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    What I see on tv is just a lead for me to make further enquiries. I go on the Net and search for any product that is advertised on tv if I have interest in buying it. I know of so many online shopping sites now only after seeing their Ads on tv. I have shopped with them occasionally. I do not think what we see on tv needs to be just brushed aside but further research done on it

12. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I do not usually by products as seen on television without doing a bit of outside research on them. They seem to good to be true most of the time and after searching for reviews on them, that seems to be the case most of the time. Though, many products advertised on television do still interest me.

13. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I never buy "as seen on TV" products since they are overpriced and not needed that much. But sometimes I do stumble upon something similar and maybe buy it but still, it's not because I've seen it on TV it's just because I think that it is neat or something and I just buy it.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have never bought any of the products that we see advertised straight from the television ad. When we see something that looks interesting or useful, I check the price on Amazon to see if it is cheaper there, and I also read the reviews from people who have purchased this item from somewhere, so I can see if it worked like it was shown on television or not.
    The last one that I looked at was a little attachment for a weedeater, and it was supposed to stop it from accidentally chopping up your flowers along with the grass. When I read the reviews, people kept reporting that it didn't work, and also that the head didn't stay on the weedeater, and when it came flying off, it was very dangerous.
    That definitely made me glad that we had not ordered one, and I think that researching before buying is a very good idea.

15. Rossy

RossyMember

Threads:
    Most as seen on TV products are usually over priced. The product might not be of good quality but they really do a good job to convince us how good they are. I just don't trust products advertised on TV. There is this roll on I saw on TV and bought, it was a total frustration and that was the end to buying as seen on TV products.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really wish that I could afford to just get them, even though I know that they would not live up to the hype. There are some that might be good though, but I guess I will have to wait to find out.

17. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yes 1 definitely do buy as seen on TV products. There are some great bargains that pops on every now and again and the products are not necessarily high-end luxury products. On the contrary, in my country, as seen on TV products are the most basic, most frequently used home stuff.

18. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    You rarely come into the deals and promotions you mentioned since most of the time, either the product is of cheap quality or scam.

19. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    @walter12@walter12: I am really confused at your post. And the relevance of your quoting my earlier post. Your post does not make sense and its annoying when you quote someone else in your ramblings.

20. dionnextherese

dionnexthereseActive Member

Threads:
    I never bought products that are advertised on the television. The products that are usually advertised are overpriced which I never liked. I buy what I need because I personally believe that I know how to distinguish between my wants and needs.