Do you buy clothes because of their price/style or because of their brand?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by psmith140 • Jul 7, 2012.

1. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    Price is really a factor when I'm buying clothes because I'm strict with my budget. When it looks good on me and it's comfortable, plus if it's really affordable, then I buy it right away.

2. Fashionista

FashionistaNew Member

Threads:
    LOL! That actually made me laugh out loud. It's very true; mostly everything is made in a third-world country where labour is very cheap. Clothing-wise, I would always prefer to buy something that simply looks good on me, regardless of the brand. However, I am a teenager and unfortunately we've all got to keep up our statuses, so I do sway towards branded things once in a while. But even with brands, I only buy things if I feel they're a decent price and I think the product is amazing. For example, I’m just in love with Guess bags/jeans! I think the jeans fit beautifully and the bags are durable and so pretty! :)

#22Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I always go for style and comfort. It doesn't matter if it's branded or not, as long as it fits me and I look good with it then I'll actually buy it. I sometimes go vintage shopping because they are surprisingly stylish not to mention very affordable.

4. YorkshireLass

YorkshireLassMember

Threads:
    Generally speaking I choose clothes based on what suits me, as long as I can afford it of course! I do try and buy the majority of my stuff from ethical companies though, that use properly sourced raw materials and properly paid labourers rather than sweatshop workers. Sometimes I see clothes in the shops so cheap I wonder how they can possible grow cotton, process it, weave it into fabric, have it cut and stitched together and then shipped half way around the world and sell it for less than a decent sandwich!

5. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, I was more inclined to buy branded clothes. Well, mainly because my parents can buy them for me. And maybe peer pressure also. The younger generation seem to think that if something is expensive and it was made by a famous designer then it's cool. I've changed perspective when I started working. I was able to see the real value of money. I got to thinking that I have to buy clothes that are worth my hard-earned cash. I've learned to buy classic pieces, clothes that I can wear for years to come without worrying if I look cool on them or not. Now that I'm a mom, I usually look at the price and the quality. If it's more likely to last longer (fit and quality), then I'll buy it.

#25Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I also buy clothes for the price and style because to me they are all the same as you said Andrew and what does it matter about the brand. If it's cheap enough for my pocket book I will buy it if it fits me. So I look for the price tag first, then if it has something about it that I like, it will come home with me, otherwise, it stays in the store.

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, I purchase clothes based on their price. In the past, I purchased base on the brand name, but I found certain brand name clothing were a lesser quality than regular clothing. I have shirts that I only paid $5 for that lasted longer than brand name shirts that I spent over $30 on. A cheaper offer definitely sways me more than a expensive name brand. The only thing I believe I purchase now that is brand name would be handbags. I love Big Buddha and Guess handbags, but I still would not spend more than $50 on a handbag.

8. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    I prefer to go first for branded clothes but personally I think that it is not necessary that only branded clothes are of good quality but others can also prove to be good. If I get any stylish clothes and they are not branded then also I like to purchase it after reading all its details.

9. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I never buy clothes never depend of brand alone. I always pay attention to price and style. I wouldn't buy anything with famous brand but overpriced and not in my style.

10. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy clothes due to price and of course the style. Both of these things are important for me. I am not willing to pay too much for my clothes, but also the article of clothing has to not only fit me well but be my style. The article of clothing also needs to go well with other things in my wardrobe. As for brand names I really don't pay much attention to this or really care.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I consider it all - the brand, the quality, the value, the style, whether I actually need it and whether it will fit with my wardrobe. I like to invest in quality staples and neutral colours which work well together.

12. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I don't pay too much attention to brands, it's all about the style and price for me. Quality is important, but it doesn't affect my decisions unless I see the item of clothing as a long term investment.
    I buy a lot of my clothes with the idea in mind that I'm going to wear that piece of clothing for as long as I can before it starts looking old and ratty. My size doesn't change too drastically, so I can buy an expensive pair of jeans and have it last three years (like I've done in the past). If it's a match in style and price, I will go with the brand that I trust, not the brand that is more popular.

13. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I buy my clothes according to my comfort and budget.I give priority to comfort then style.

14. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I am definitely one of those people that are driven by the price. If the item is over ten or fifteen dollars then I am no longer interested. I don't know what it is about me that changes my mind instantly when I see the price. When I see a product that is amazingly gorgeous, a light bulb lights up in my head. When I finally take a look at the price, and see that it costs more than I am willing to spend then that light bulb will turn off. That is when I find all of the things that are wrong with the item, and I will try my hardest to make myself think that clothing is now ugly when in reality I love it. :eek:

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually got for a mix of the three. I would have terrible clothes of I only payed attention to the price.
    Therefore I like to buy quality clothes that are on sale because their original price tag is just a rip off.
    I also pay attention to the style of the clothing as well. I would end up dressing like a different person everyday if I didn't have a certain style(haha).

16. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    brand and price. I can only get good Tshirt in Mango and lovely jeans at Gap at a very reasonable price. Even if they don't sound high up but they can be quite expensive as well. I always look on quality. I don't pay for anything that's not worth me money.

17. Kam735

Kam735Member

Threads:
    I am always check best price with Quality but some time i go to the branded product because they always give new fashionable and trendy outfit.

18. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    I usually buy clothes according to style more than anything, but being careful about the price tag. I shop with a certain style in mind, casual and a bit stylish, the fact that I avoid certain stores because of that, automatically puts aside a lot of expense clothes because they don't meet my requirements style wise.

Having style in mind, I then try to focus on my favorite brands so that I can get clothes with the style I'm looking for as well as being from the brands I like.

19. sanjusahu

sanjusahuNew Member

Threads:
    I think more of quality and design of clothes. Stitiching and material always better from branded clothes. I use to buy both branded and cheap clothes to balance my budget for clothes.

20. Kam735

Kam735Member

Threads:
    I consider price first because same quality product is available in different price and those who give best price I take from it.