Do you buy clothes because of their price/style or because of their brand?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by psmith140 • Jul 7, 2012.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a brand lover.. at. all. I just look for something "me" and that's that. I won't spend heaps on clothes, it goes with the whole brand thing.. it better be timeless and super well made to cost more than others.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    You're right JosieP, I always do me and I look more put together than some of those with designer brands on. I love to do me because I know I look unique and different from all those other people. And then, I feel great about looking just like my own style. I call it "Just My Style."

3. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I will buy one because of its cheap price and its satisfactory design.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I pick my clothes based on their style and if they suit me. I really don't care if my clothes are branded or not, as long as the style suits me and I'm comfortable wearing them.

5. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    The good thing about living in New York is that just about anything emblazened with the city's name on it is fashionable. So I normally wear a lot of New York jersey's tee's, etc in the Summer. And more "in" and trendy stuff in the winter. I don't shop for brands as brands don't matter to me as much when it comes to clothing. I am well aware of most of the brands anyways so if I can get it on sale, I might. I think women are more obsessed with brands than men.

6. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I cannot afford to buy designer clothes. And even if I could some of them are just not that attractive to me. And if I did see a style I liked by chance, I can find the same thing alot cheaper somwhere else that does not have the designer name on it. I do shop alot at Marshalls or JcPenny when they have clothes on sale. Other times I am a big thrift store shopper. I have found name brand clothe and off brand clothes alie that are just my style. The thrift storesaround here are well organized and clean. And they rotate their stock around too. My kids and I have found some fabulous treasures at the thrift storees. And ofcoarse you cant beat the prices.

7. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I buy things that I like, like a lot of other people. Style is a preference, but it is not mandatory since I can just order a plain t-shirt and that will do just fine.
    As long as I have something to wear, I am fine.

8. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Never bought anything because of brand / it's in fashion at the moment. I see something, i try it out, it's comfy and stylish, i get it.
    I rarely buy clothes, so i when i do, there is no problem if i go a little overboard with the money cost.

9. maurovis

maurovisNew Member

Threads:
    There has to be a balance here, if you go just on price you may end up buying something of low quality. The flip side to that is not all expensive clothing is of high quality. Key is to find something, fashionable, comfortable that won't break the bank.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of branded clothes but there are certain brands I like to buy because I know the quality is good. Gitman Vintage make excellent shirts and they fit well so I am willing to pay more for Gitman Vintage Brothers shirting.

11. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    I purchase on looks but actually there are a very few products that are not branded and look good, however branded items always look good :D. Frankly speaking almost everything is manufactured in China.

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy clothes because of the brand and because of style and price. When I buy clothes I take a lot of different things into consideration. The price, style and brand are all things that I like to make sure fit me, before I purchase anything.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Defnitely price and style! I never ever buy something solely because of their brand or because it's a fancy designer brand. I have to love the style. It also needs to be something I can afford! But to me, style comes first, price seconds and brand comes last.

14. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I buy clothing for those 3 exact reasons. I go for brands that have really good quality and I usually go straight to the "for sale" section (you can find some really good deals shopping there); if I find something cheap and of good quality then I'll decide if I like it or not. So, I shop using the price, brand and style. Sometimes I look at the things that are placed on the mannequins, but I never buy them, they're too expensive for my budget.

15. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my clothes based on price. I like name brands, but they don't wear as good as the cheaper brands. I also like the comfort of the cheaper brands vs the more expensive ones. I can't afford the name brands right now, but I don't feel any loss over that fact. You can't miss something you never had.

16. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    When i shop I purchase anything that I like. I dont care about the brand. If it's expensive and I like it, I will buy it. If it is cheap and I like it I will buy it. I must say that I am selective with cheaper items. A lot of times a cheaper price means cheaper quality and eventually a waste of money. The cheaper items doesn't always last long..

17. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I tend to go for quantity over quality without compromising my comfort or style. Sometimes, people buy the "brand name" and not the prototype even if the product looks like a trash.

18. ChrisRoger

ChrisRogerNew Member

Threads:
    I only buy clothes I like, then have a look at the prize tag. If it's worth buying, I won't think it twice and buy it. I rarely buy any things just because they're on sale.

19. Peters879

Peters879Banned

Threads:
    I always buy branded clothes. When their is sale on the. Then I buy them.

20. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I buy for many reasons. The brand of clothing is not important to me. These are all the things I consider when buying clothing:

The price is very affordable. I like what the clothing looks like. The clothing is comfortable to wear and is of high/decent quality.