Do you buy clothes because of their price/style or because of their brand?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by psmith140 • Jul 7, 2012.

1. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. I don't know why there is an advertisement in my message...

2. tspires2

tspires2Member

Threads:
    I tend to stick to name brand for my whole family. I find that the name brand clothes really do fit better and the style is better. I do shop only on sale so it still fits the budget. I tend to shop more often so that I don't ever have to buy in bulk for anyone. This saves money as well.

3. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    When I buy clothes I usually buy based off of style. I would hate to get something that is not as stylish as the next however their are also many other factors that contribute to my decision on what I purchase. Some of the many factors include price, brand, and convenient. Like I have those stores that I am loyal to, and I like shopping there just as everyone as well.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I purchase clothes based on style and price. These two factors are more important to me than a brand name. Some brands don't have well-crafted clothes anyway. So, I always search for deals that fit my budget and clothes that flatter my body.

5. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    I buy clothes based on Price and style... Those two things should come together..I don't care about the brand as long as it would look good on me and would serve me well, then I think that would be a best buy for me.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My purchases are based only on price and quality of the material used to make the clothes. If from feeling the material I can tell that it will last for long without getting torn, worn-out and so on, I'll make the purchase based on that logic. The longer lasting, the better.

7. rdahl125

rdahl125New Member

Threads:
    I usually buy based on whatever I like, as opposed to focusing on brands. There are some brands that I tend to like more than others, but mostly if something is a style that I like, I'll buy it no matter what the brand is. Price is also sometimes an object -- I'm only really willing to pay the price if I think it's actually worth it. Paying extra just so you can parade around with some designer's name on your clothing just isn't really worth it when you can look just as fabulous in something way cheaper that's probably better quality and more comfortable!

8. jtucci21

jtucci21Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I'll look at the brand if I'm in a store like Marshalls or Ross, just because I know certain brands tend to fit me better than others. For instance - I know American Eagle jeans fit well and hold up, same with Red Rivet (name?), and a couple others I'm hard pressed to think about. However, my butt and hips a bit bigger than most, so this just expedites the shopping process

9. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    I never buy the brand. I can end up buying very cheap clothes that are very nice and it doesn't bother me that I've never heard about the brand. I always think about that commercial with coffee/icoffee - don't be i-diot. There's more to life than spending your entire income on clothes just because they have a name. There are lots of anonymous brands that produce very good quality clothes. I also like the idea of supporting talented young designers who are trying to make their way in the fashion jungle.