Do you buy clothes online?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kate23 • Mar 7, 2014.

1. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    If I buy clothes online, its usually because I tried that item on in the store and then got a better deal online. I have taken a few risks for apparel online but for the most part, I am hesitant. Luckily, anywhere I order from usually has a great return policy.

2. jackhaal

jackhaalNew Member

Threads:
    I personally buy clothes online. In my opinion, it's much easier to buy online. You get wider variety of clothes. You also can compare clothe with one another. I don't really mind too much about the size of the clothes - it really isn' my biggest issue. I also find it easier to order online rather than go to a physical store and then buy them there. I like the face that I get shipping right to my house.

3. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I have never bought clothes online before. I prefer to buy clothes in person so I can get a feel for them and try them on. I suppose I could go to the store in person and try them on, then buy them online to save money.

4. hnatalieann

hnatalieannNew Member

Threads:
    I don't normally. I like to try the clothing on and make sure I love the way it fits and looks on me. Now if it's something I already have and know it's a good fit and a good price, I'll buy it.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any clothing online because of the same exact reasons that you said. There is a chance that the clothes that I bought would be ill-fitting, and since I live near many malls, I can just simply go there to buy clothes, at least over there when I buy them I am assured that the clothing would fit me well.

6. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought clothes online, but you have to be careful. I bought a shirt, and it is cute, and I still wear it. But I have to wear a tank top under it because I can't button it over my chest. I bought two mini skirts. One I have never wore, the other was too small, I had to give it to a friend. I have bought lingerie that fit great online. But the "one size fits all" thing never lets you down. I have bought costumes online. Like corsets, skirts, shoes, etc. That stuff I will always buy online just because I can't find it here. It is kind of specialized.

7. thestoryteller1

thestoryteller1New Member

Threads:
    I don't do it normally, but there are some British, and some Chinese webpages with interesting clothes. I wouldn't buy online from the same country I'm in, unless it's something homemade and unique. But those pages I mentioned have some thing that I may not be able to get here. The Chinese ones are really cheap, too...of course, they travel longer. Since I rarely buy clothes online, I would do it for more unique things- and if they happen not to fit, then I can always adjust them a little, it's not like with shoes.

8. rubydust

rubydustNew Member

Threads:
    I buy the majority of my clothing online. For me, online shopping has several benefits...

1. I don't like going out into crowded malls and trailing round different shops. Shopping from my armchair is a much more comfortable option!

2. I like to be able to compare several items from different shops, in order to see where I can get the best value. Clicking to open a new tab on my laptop is much easier than going back and forth between various different shops.

3. I'm quite an indecisive person. I like to take my time before making a final decision. Shopping online allows me to have a think about things and order in my own time. If I want to have another look at a particular item later, it's easy just to click back onto the website.

4. I don't like shop fitting rooms. I prefer to try the clothes on in the comfort of my own home, it doesn't feel as rushed. If the clothes don't fit, I can simply send them back.

5. I tend to make rash decisions when I'm shopping at a physical store, and end up taking the item back to return it, because it's not really what I wanted.

The only problem that I have with buying clothes online is that sometimes when they don't fit, I forget to return them on time, and I end up having to sell them on ebay to try to make some of my money back!

9. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I won't order clothes online unless I can't find them anywhere else. For instance, I'm a fan of Rooster Teeth and Achievement Hunter, but they only sell their merchandise online. I'll take a gamble and pick a size there. However, I won't buy other clothing online unless I absolutely know my sizes for that brand or retailer. I'd rather take the effort to drive to the store and pick something that I know will fit me. It's better than dealing with returns later on through the mail.

10. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly will never, ever buy clothes online unless I know the exact bran, type, size, color, etc that I want. It's way too hard to tell whether it'll fit on me or not and sometimes the return/exchange is such a hassle it's just not worth it.

What will happen though is if I know I can get a better deal online somewhere, I'll go into the store and try it on first to see if I like it and see if it fits well on me. If it does, I'll take a mental note of the brand/style/size/type/etc and look for it online.

The only type of clothing I'm comfortable with buying online is accessories. Even then that's not really considered "clothing" I suppose.

11. thymeless

thymelessNew Member

Threads:
    No, I don't. I also find it a horrendous idea because most of them would hardly fit you and you wouldn't be eligible for a refund in most sad cases. The happier ones would just get apologies and half refunds. It's not trustworthy, you'd be better to just leave your comfort zone, not always to rely on your credit card.

12. blackbagel

blackbagelMember

Threads:
    I don't like buying clothes online because of the fact that I can't try them on to see if they look good. Also, I find it really hard to pick what I want from the online selections. Also sometimes I don't think that the clothes would fit me when I see them online which is a turn off for me. I really want to buy online because it is cheaper than going to stores but because I can't try them on, it really is hard to pick out what I need.

13. Nicky

NickyNew Member

Threads:
    I don't usually buy much clothes anywhere. Going out to a store is too much hassle, but shopping online could be a nightmare if I need to return something, plus the extra cost of shipping and everything. My clothes shopping is sort of staggered, an item here and there whenever I can actually find something I want.

14. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    I only buy accessories or socks online. I have bought other clothing items in the past, but they end up being too small for me every time. I'm better off going into the physical stores themselves and buying what I need. Plus, I am a very thrifty person, and there are not many (if any) thrift stores online that update daily. I like the idea of going to the store to search for items and then proceed to buy them online for cheaper, but I get lazy when it comes to keeping up with things like that.

15. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I am a plus size woman so finding cute sexy clothes for me can be hard at times. So I buy off of torrid and amazon. I have never ran into the issue of the clothes being to small or too big. in my advice shop similar brand were you know your exact size fits. check return policies in case it is to big or small. Take a chance if all goes bad just resale them yourself.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hadn't actually ever thought about this, shockingly. It 's strange because I know that people buy clothes online. But when I think of shopping online, I always think of products and items, not clothes. Anywho, as you have probably guessed, I have never purchased any clothes offline. Never.

17. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    I used to buy clothes online, but not as much anymore. The main reason I usually buy clothing online is to buy things in bulk or blowout sales. Nowadays, I'm more akin to shop at discount stores instead, because there is a treasure trove of things to buy at such stores that one can't get anywhere else. The again, it always depends if I need something specific in clothing soon, the I'll try to search and possibly purchase such a item online.

18. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I bought once or twice and the purchase was only partially successful. The first purchase didn't fit (but thankfully had a bigger size). The second purchase still didn't fit and then the person in-charge called me to say they ran out of stock for the second item I ordered. They gave me a cash ban in lieu of an actual cash refund so I can just exchange the said item for another anything that can be found on their store. This is why when it comes to clothes, I'd rather avoid online purchases for fear of such fiascoes.

19. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I usually only buy clothes online if I can return them (and I am not responsible for the return shipping). Other than that I am more likely to buy clothing in an actual store. I usually never have a problem buying online but there has been a problem once or twice.

I usually have problems with shoes I buy online. I have wide feet and even if I buy a 10W, sometimes it will feel like a 9 or something like that. That is usually when I return but I hate to do it.

Other than that I don't really have a lot of problems buying online. I might not be as picky as some people. I suppose it just depends on the person.

20. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    Since I'm really boring when it comes to fashion, I buy clothes online. I have a certain fit and size of jeans or pants that I like, and I stick to it. I just buy a new pair online when I wear out the old one. If I find a top I like in a store, I'll order it in several colors online. Shopping in a real store seems like torture to me. I endure it occasionally, but try to avoid it whenever possible.