Do you buy clothes online?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kate23 • Mar 7, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Since I know the size that I wear, I don't think I have much of a problem in buying clothes online, but I most buy shoes and other accessories online. Shopping in the stores and shopping online are just about the same in my mind, you have the affordable and expensive things in both places, so it's just up to you to shop around, find what you like and what is available.

2. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Buying clothes online makes a lot of sense nowadays. It's a lot more convenient than having to deal with a lot of waiting around and other inconveniences that come along with shopping in the "brick and mortar" stores, so to speak. If something doesn't fit you properly a lot of stores take exchanges and returns at their regular stores, from online purchases. So there's not really any risk in buying something online.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, but only because I am rather boring with my clothing choices, and pretty much only wear certain brands which I know fit me well, so it takes the guesswork out of worrying if it will be the right size or not. For example, I am pretty partial to Dillard's store brand called Rountree & Yorke, that is pretty much the only brand of shirts that I buy and wear. For pants, it's either Roundtree & Yorke or Dockers or Levis, and I know how all of those fit me so it's safe for me to order online and know what to expect. Same goes for shoes, I pretty much always buy Dockers dress shoes.

I wouldn't take chances though for brand names I am not familiar with, especially when it comes to wasting money on shipping costs.

4. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to buying clothes online, I'm always a bit hesitant because I may not get the right size, or the product may be a little different than its photos or I wouldn't like how it fits me. I try to keep an open mind and speculate if there are any good offers, but I always check it twice before buying it and I make sure the product is what I want.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying clothes online is a great deal, we can buy quality stuff super cheap and if we are not happy we can always return the clothes. I hate shopping for clothes in stores so this is really an ideal solution for me, practical and I do it from my pc.

6. kbroder9

kbroder9Member

Threads:
    Yes, but I always am a little nervous about it and hope it doesn't just become too much of a pain if it doesn't fit well or look good on. I tend to do it with retailers that have a real store that I can return the items to instead of shipping them back (Kohl's, Target, JC Penney, etc) instead of something like Amazon. I'd get worried with shipping it back it might get lost and then I'd really be in a bind. I probably should just buy clothes at the store, but it's nice to do some shopping at midnight in your pajamas!

7. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online. I would be afraid that the clothes would be the wrong size. Then I would have to go through the trouble of sending the clothes back which will be another hassle. The only thing I would get online are slippers. I can usually fit slippers so I don't need to try them on because I know they will fit. Other than that, I will be my clothes at a store where I know they will fit.

8. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes online because of my size. I cannot find my size in stores, so I am forced to buy online. It is mostly pants. I have a woman that finds me shirts in stores and I pay her. If I see a tunic or shirt dress online, I would buy it. I can take up the extra material if it does not fit me right. I am small on the top and bigger on the bottom, so most shirts fit.

9. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online for one simple reason... it may look good on the picture but it might not look so good on me. I don't want to go through the hassle of having to re-box and re-mail something I don't like so I go to a story and try it on first.

I once was trying to make a site where a person chooses an outfit they like, submits their measurements, and the outfit is made to fit for them at the same price as they would get it at pre-made from a store such as walmart or target, but I was having problems getting the site designed. Now if there were a site like that on the net, I would reconsider buying clothes online.

10. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    i find myself making more and more of my clothing purchases online. i've just gotten burned out so much on the crowds and hassle that go with everyday shopping in person. i find that online it's a lot less of a hassle and i usually choose the quicket shipping possible so i don't have to wait too long for my products. i look at this as likely to become more and more common in america.

11. smartdude966

smartdude966New Member

Threads:
    I plan on buying clothes online but I haven't convinced myself yet. I know it is more convenient but there is a higher chance of ordering something that doesn't fit. You can search for a specific size but people make clothes differently so its not a guarantee that it fit you even if it is your specific size. I love the idea of shopping online for clothes, you can see a list of results and that makes it faster to pick which one you want.

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I kind of like to find something in a shop, try it out and if I like the look of it I'll see if it's online. In a lot of cases it's not realistic but sometimes I do find a deal or two. It's always worth considering anyway.

13. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I will buy clothes online if they are substantially cheaper than buying from boutiques. I will try to buy clothes from online stores which have a detailed description about the size of the clothing. I can then compare their size with clothes that I am wearing. Hopefully the clothes fit me. Inevitably sometimes I got disappointment buying from online stores because their quality may not be what I have expected.

14. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    If you are average sized it may be somewhat of an easy task for you. Plus size individuals such as myself may encounter problems beginning with availability of desired styles. All the sexy and nice looking apparel seem to be in smaller sizes. You spent the entire day searching for something that appears to be your size and the next nightmare may be that it is too small when it gets to you! I do not like to buy clothing online as i am more along the line of fitting and making sure it suits me before becoming one with it,

15. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love buying online as the discounts are better and the clothes haven't been tried on. The only thing I am hesitant about are bottoms or fitted dresses as they can vary in fit and size, but tops and sweaters are fine. These days many offer free returns or if there is a store some accept returns too, to encourage people to buy more.

16. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    Is it certain that the clothes have not been tried on. A lot of these retailers take things back, including clothes and repackage them no ? I buy my clothes from the store usually. A couple times I had an amazon gift card and used it for a pair of pants or long sleeved shirts. I always wash any clothes I buy before I wear them though. And I don't try anything on because A)dont really care lmao and B)I know my exact measurements.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online because it's a hassle to mail them back if they don't fit. I'd rather know immediately if something doesn't fit, so that I can grab another size off the rack.
    I buy almost everything online but not clothes, because I hate shipping things back and waiting for a refund.

18. Joao Sousa

Joao SousaNew Member

Threads:
    Ye i do, cheaper offers and wider range of clothes.

19. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love all sorts of shopping, including online shopping. So yes, I shop for clothes online ALL the time and so far I've not had any problems. I have my trusted and favourite online stores, and in all the years I've done my shopping online, I've only ever had to return two items. That never posed any problems whatsoever. I think t's all about being aware of your body shape, and the different styles and cuts of different brands. Some stores are more generous than others in their sizing, designer gear tends to come in tiny sizes. Also where possible, if an online stores has something I like and they also have a high street presence, I tend to go in and try on whatever item I want to buy before I commit to a purchase.

20. mylindaelliott

mylindaelliottNew Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothing on line unless I am familiar with the store. Because of the way I'm shaped most skirts do not fit me properly. If I have been in the store and know the skirts fit me then I'm good buying them online. Shirts I can get at most stores. I know what brand will fit so sometimes I can get things online by knowing the brand. It is a hassle for me to return things through the mail so I just prefer a real store.