Do you buy clothes online?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kate23 • Mar 7, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Incidentally I just came across a service recently which sounded rather interesting - they will pick out a complete coordinated outfit for you, then ship it to you. Of course, you have the opportunity to preview the outfit online before you make your purchase, but it's kind of an interesting idea since it's sort of like having a personal stylist creating your wardrobe. I can't seem to find the link to it right now but it was geared towards men's clothing. The big drawback though was the cost - the site mentioned each part of the outfit on average was around $69 - so that could get really expensive quickly (at least compared to what I am used to spending).

Another thing that you have to keep in mind is that some brands purposefully put the wrong size on the product - such as Levi's jeans. They may say "size 32" but they are actually a size 36. I guess the manufacturers have gradually done this over the years to persuade people to buy more products of theirs. They are assuming if the customer cannot fit into their real size, they will get frustrated and not buy the product, so they put smaller sizes on them than what they really are. But if you are hopping from one brand to another, these variances can be significant.

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've bought clothes online several times and I will do it again more and more often because I can do it from the convenience of my home at a cheaper price, so all advantages as far as I am concerned. I think that most stores will have to start to sell that way if they don't do it yet.

3. Mackmax

MackmaxMember

Threads:
    I buy most of my clothes online, since I'm familiar with the stores and can accurately guess my size. Online retail stores often have way more sales and coupons than in-store retail. Also, a lot of online stores have a point system, where after receiving a certain amount of points, you can get some sort of award, wether it be a 15% of coupon or free overnight shipping. You don't get that in stores. Lastly, online stores have a much wider selection than you would get in the store, and you don't have to deal with the hassle of crowds.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is the only issue with buying online, getting the wrong sizes. So a well populated comments page regarding sizes made by users is a great plus, like we can see on Sports Direct for example, a great example in how buying online is effective.

5. janetsjunk1972

janetsjunk1972New Member

Threads:
    When I was a smaller size I would buy online, but I've had too many purchases be the incorrect size without trying on first that I don't trust my judgement anymore. Each company has different sizes for the specified number. So what you buy as a size 10 at one business online may be a size 8 or 12 at other businesses online. I still prefer trying on first, it may take longer but at least it saves on wasting money or having to mail back for exchanges.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is why it's so important to have a simple way to return clothes and have the correct sizes back, if this is working smoothly it's not that annoying to change clothing.

7. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to clothes I would much rather go to the store and check out the selection there and be able to try stuff on, the problem with real locations is that sometimes the selection is scarce and you can find much more online than you can in the store. I have bought clothing online though; mainly items for the lower half of my body since it is easier for me to find something for my smaller waistline than it is for my bigger "baby feeders" (that's the best way I could put that).

8. freeofcharge

freeofchargeNew Member

Threads:
    I think this question's answer are going to seriously vary on the gender of the poster. As a male I feel that online shopping couldn't be easier. All I really need to know for my shirts is small, medium, or large and all I need to know about my pants is the waist circumference and leg length. With that information on hand, online shopping is a breeze. That being said -- one of the best ways that I've found to snag clothes on the cheap is to find the brand you like and then dig through amazon to see if they've got the same one cheaper (they almost always do). That and DontPayFull.com are insane for discounting my clothing purchases

9. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I will buy clothes online, but usually from a source that I am familar with and know have given me quality along with the right size in the past. I usually will shop at Haband which is a huge mail order source for clothing. Another reliable source that I know about is Amerimark. They are another mail order company that specializes in many different items including clothing. I have found their clothing to be well made and again the sizes are correct.

10. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I know that feeling paf, I mean, when I started to buy clothes online everything seemed really complicated, I was unsure about the sizes and colors, but once I started to buy I saw it's much simpler than I though and if something doesn't come right I can change it.

11. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1Member

Threads:
    I haven't yet but I just might. As long as I know my size I don't see a problem with buying cloths online, but my wife, that's a different story. She has to try on all cloths before buying. For men it's not much of a problem shopping for cloths without trying them on.

12. haitch

haitchNew Member

Threads:
    I only ever buy clothes online if I'm sure that they will be decent quality and not matter too much if they aren't a perfect fit like jackets. most of the time the clothes you get look good and are decent quality if you get them from a good retailer.

13. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to buy clothes online because of size. You never know how something is going to fit. However, with time being an issue, I do turn to online shopping for clothes and take a chance sometimes. It is also tempting to buy clothes online when you see those extra discounts for the online purchases.

14. Ashlash

AshlashNew Member

Threads:
    It is easy to buy clothes online, but I would prefer not to. Unless it was something unique I wouldn't be able to find in a store, such as a costume or special piece of clothing. My biggest problem is I need to try clothes on. My size and measurements are completely different depending on the manufacture or article of clothing. I would waste less time going and making sure something fits than waiting all week and finding out it doesn't. Too risky for me.

15. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have never bought any clothing online. I think it's much better to do offline shopping when you are buying clothes, garments, or shoes. You've got to try and see them personally. Nothing beats that. But when it comes to buying gadgets, I prefer doing the online shopping.

16. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    If I buy clothes online it's usually only tops, accessory items and shoes. I can always make tops work from online whether they are roomy or fitted. Everything else I have to physically go to a store and try on. There goes the theory that online shopping will eventually replace brick and mortar stores. Even though some do seem to downsize. It's too risky buying things like jeans or dresses without trying them on. I love shopping for shoes online because I love finding items that I most likely won't see on anyone else around me. I've only had one experience when I returned shoes to Zappos. They were 5" heels that put all my weight into my toes. They were pretty to look at but I would have never worn them.

17. Happy247

Happy247Member

Threads:
    Clothing is one thing that I absolutely can't buy online. Any piece of clothing that I buy, I must try it on first.My body is very curvy. I can wear a size 10 in one brand but the next it will be too big in the waist or too tight in the hips. Plus the top half of my body is 1 size smaller than the bottom half. I'm not complaining at all. I love my body. I just have to put forth a little more effort when picking out clothes.

18. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I do not buy clothes online for the reason that I cannot thoroughly examine what is posted. Some online sites use filters in the photos they take. We may appreciate the item based on the appearance, but we cannot be assured on the quality of the material, the size and if it perfectly fits.

It is best that when buying online, we must make sure that we know our size on specific brands and the kind of material we are looking for.