Do you buy clothes online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Katewon1 • Aug 30, 2013.

1. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like to do that for anything other than shirts, because I'm quite picky in clothing and I have to feel really comfortable in it before I will wear it. So, it would be way too "dangerous" for me. :D

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have to try clothes on to make sure they look right. I wouldn't buy clothes online unless it's a style I've worn before and I know looks good on me.

3. Kathy1112

Kathy1112New Member

Threads:
    I've purchased some t-shirts online and they didn't fit correctly. So I don't like to buy clothes online for that reason. I might buy some in the future depending on what it is. There's a lot of clothes available online that aren't available in the stores. If I ever see something I think I can't live without, I think I would purchase it.

#23Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  4. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly always shop ONLINE. It's convenient and easier for me because of my schedule every day. And my location! I live in DC and the only time I'm free to go is during rush hour and that's not happening. Plus a lot, a lot of fashion sites offer better deals and steals if you order online. Especially if the shipping is free! It's like being catered to. Haha. But yes, ordering online is my main source for shopping. Can't live without it. Happy shopping! xo

5. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    I usually like to stick to buying clothing from stores that are near me. That way if something doesn't fit I can always return it to the store. I have found that there is a much bigger selection of clothes at online stores than there is in physical stores. But when it comes to buying jeans, I typically like to try those on first since they all fit so differently and being a short woman, it is hard to find the right length.

6. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    I do a lot of my shopping online and it's a great way to comparison shop, too, but there are certain clothing items that I don't purchase online anymore because of a size issue. I don't like having to ship something back either, so anything that I have purchased that hasn't fit I've given to friends or relatives. I've had pretty good luck choosing dress slacks for work; yet, I've had issues trying to choose the right size blouse or items like this so I just purchase them at a retail store now.

7. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    As pretty much everyone else is saying, I too prefer to buy my clothes in person at the retailer. It is only right that I try the clothes on. Some brands of jeans for example, I may be one size whereas in another brand of jeans I may be a size bigger or smaller. The only exception I'll make is if it is just a plain shirt from an online store. Then, it doesn't bother me as much if it doesn't fit just right. Overall though, no I do not like to buy clothes online.

8. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    I don't normally buy clothes online because I don't to end up regretting when I find out that dress doesn't fit me well.

9. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought clothes online before though. Usually just jeans and cotton shirts. Most casuals shirts and jackets I prefer to buy in store. But with things liek jeans and shirts where I know my size I will go for wherever is cheapest which usually ends up being an online catalogue.

10. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never bought clothes online because I am really picky, I like to try my clothes on, check out the fabrics and how it fits me, I think if I bought clothing online I would return most of it. My wife does love buying online and she loves it, from time to time she does return an item, but it's not often, it's something that works for her, I think she saves time and money doing it.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never bought clothes online since I'm afraid that it might not fit properly, but I think it would help if you only buy from those brands that you are sure of your size, like you already own a clothing from that brand to prevent buying ill-fitting clothes.

12. MommyDonna

MommyDonnaNew Member

Threads:
    I do buy clothes online sometimes. I will usually check the return policy before hand. There have been sites I ordered from in the past that would pay for the return shipping, but I can't remember which ones now. I often will buy from stores online that I have the option of going to in person. For example, Kohls. If I buy something online and it doesn't fit, I can return it in the store and don't have to mess with shipping at all. I usually won't buy jeans online because I have long legs and they usually won't fit me. There have been times I have ordered some pants when I know the brand well and always wear the same size in that brand. That doesn't happen often though.

13. Judia

JudiaNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, we often meet problems when we buy clothes online. But I still like to buy cheap clothes online, because they are cheap, even if I do not like them, I won't be upset. And the other reason is that there are many species and I do need to cut down the price. I like such way. Will still buy the good quality clothes in stores.

14. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    To add what I wrote a few months back lol, I wish I COULD buy clothes online because it would be so much easier but I have not found that to be helpful. I need to try things on to see how they look on me not just how they fit because you can look up your measurements for that but it doesn't ensure that you will look good in the clothes. I'm not the biggest fan of trying things on in the store but for me it's a necessary evil.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been buying clothes online lately - particularly on eBay. Occasionally I will get used stuff if it is in good enough condition. I've been pleased with the quality so far and haven't really had any issues, except for one shirt which was the wrong size. It wasn't really the sellers fault though, since the shirt had the wrong size label on it. Previously I hadn't used eBay much before, but I got a chuckle when I opened most of my packages, because the sellers would leave some hand written thank you note - I guess trying to schmooze up to get a good rating, lol.

I almost always have trouble finding my size and inseam in dress pants, particularly with pleats, which is what I prefer - and they don't carry much of them in the stores, I guess because they are not really in style these days. Also, every time I am buying dress shirts, they never seem to have the prints/patterns I like in my size - they have everything else in my size instead of the ones I actually want.

16. DankAllen

DankAllenBanned

Threads:
    Whenever I buy clothes, I do it online. I like to look at the clearance items on site as well as the great coupons that are only available online. I don't go crazy buying clothes but I like to scope out the good deals.

17. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    I have bought clothes online, but more commonly I purchase my clothes in store. You need to be careful buying clothes online due to the low accuracy of some photos. I have mainly bought dresses; they tend to list the exact measurements. Therefore, they always fit and it was never an issue. There is definitely a wider selection and better prices online; although you run the risk of it not being what you imagined or wanted. If you are buying off of legitimate websites, then you shouldn't really have a problem. If in doubt about a specific product, contact the owner of the company/store.

18. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    My body type is sort of weird and I'm between sizes a lot. It's sort of hard for me to order stuff online because a lot of times it won't fit me right, and I'm really picky about how "flattering" clothes are on me. But I do order certain things online because I know the brands and what sizes I need. For example, I order the Lauren Conrad leggings online because they're my favorites and I can't find them locally.

19. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    I have never purchase a clothing item online unless it was like a hat or something. I find that sizes are not very universal and end up being different between manufacturers. Plus I like to see how it looks on me and not some 6 foot ripped model.

20. Cristina0115

Cristina0115New Member

Threads:
    I am searching for cute and cheap clothes from good online shops. it would be nice if you could help me. :)