Do you buy clothes online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Katewon1 • Aug 30, 2013.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, it is not practical to buy clothes online because of the fitting. I don’t trust the sizes because I had bought several clothes with the right size on the label but the wrong fitting. The shirts I bought in Vietnam with the size of medium appeared to be small in size. It’s just bad that I did not try it for fitting. So now I always try the clothes before buying. And I cannot do that online.

2. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No. Clothes are the kind of thing that I never bought and I'll never buy online. I think clothes need to be touched, seen and felt before they are bought. This is of fundamental importance before actually finalizing the purchase.

I can't see no reason to buy clothes online. :confused:

3. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought clothes online. However, recently I bought postpartum belt (also a clothing item) on ebay. I bought from a Chinese seller and it cost me $4.26. If I had bought the same item from a local store it would have cost me around $12. I saved good money by buying online. Now I am thinking to buy other items as well.

4. SheleyJ

SheleyJNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, I dot but not all the time. When I don't have the time to go outside. Then I order some clothes for myself by sitting at my home.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am a frequent buyer of clothes online for a long time now. In few occasions I have been disappointed not regarding the sizes but the quality of the cloth.

However, when you go to see the cost you just can't really expect something better than what you get.

6. vincent tran

vincent tranNew Member

Threads:
    Clothes I buy on ebay or jewelry through handshops.com,I have a 20% discount on the product is handshops.Web is free some products.You can watch over

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have had some good experiences and some bad, and it all just ended up with me recognizing that I need to try things on. Maybe some garments and types of clothes, but shirts and pants, no.

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought clothes online frequently for the past few years but i sort of stopped lately for various reasons, i was met with unfortunate transactions, damaged goods, identity theft which made is very cautious online.

9. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought a few clothes online. The quality of the clothes were good for some and some it was not quite up to the mark. Therefore, I have stopped buying clothes online. I prefer to buy them from the local shops or malls.

10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    That's how I think nowadays too, I used to buy clothes online on Ebay, but some did not fit me at all, and the seller doesn't offer returns, so I'm stuck with clothes that I have to resell. That's why now I avoid buying tops online. For pants, I need the measurements laid flat first before buying them.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Although I have checked out some clothes online that I really like but am yet to start buying wears online. My concern is not to end up getting clothes that didn't fit properly. I like the comfort having to shop from the comfort of my room, compare prices at different sites for a more comfortable purchases.

12. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I like buying stuffs online especially gadget accessories and home care products, but not clothes. Well I do get some online but not a lot because of the sizes. Some sizes are just too small for me and some are too big that I had to send them back and have them replace or get a refund, so it's a bit hassle for me. That's why whenever I want to buy clothes, I would normally go to the mall or thrift shops instead of buying online.

13. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I usually buy clothes where I know it'll fit. But I have also taken risks, measured myself and followed the size guides. This can work, or it may not. If it's a new store I'll just buy one or two things, just to see. Never anything expensive in case it doesn't work. But honestly, I've never had a problem. I like shopping for clothes online, I have more to choose from. You just have to take a risk every once in a while.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to window shop for things I need. If clothes is a good deal with free shipping, I might consider it. I'll ask questions, until I'm satisfied, if there is questions, I'll check reviews to see about my purchase. I buy on sites that I trust too. If new I'll check them with BBB.org and reviews about them. I live in Hawaii and some sites slap on extra for shipping, so when I can get free shipping it's a big bonus to buy online. I check Walmart.com for in store Walmart has great prices, so their site is spectacular!

15. vashk

vashkNew Member

Threads:
    Though I go for the look when it comes to shopping for clothes, I would say online stores offer a better platform for a range of clothes. I used to shop at the street stores but now I have changed my shopping locations and behavior. I love online stores as there is a variety to choose from.

16. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy online shopping as well because of it so comfortable le and everything is done fast from the safety of my home. No need to buy petrol for the trip, get all nervous about where to park or any additional travel related expenses.
    I can buy things that are not tightly fitted, but if something needs to be measured or if it has to fit perfectly, I would still go to the local shop and get it there.

17. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    @Katewon1@Katewon1 Buying clothes online is something that requires being careful when selecting the online stores you would like to shop at. Like you pointed out, the major shortcomings of buying clothes online have to do with whether the clothes will fit you well when it finally arrives. However, knowing your actual size, that is if the medium size or large sizes fit you can come handy on this.

Contacting the seller to describe your size before the clothes are shipped is a way to get out of the issue of fitting you or not. Using the sizes of the clothes you already have to explain to the seller what fits you is a way to do it. I enjoy buying clothes online because it saves me the stress of going to physical stores.

#57Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2017
  18. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    @Katewon1@Katewon1 I don't fancy buying anything online especially clothes. Most times, those items looks really good when you are checking them out online and after you transact and purchase them online, on getting to you it will turn out to be almost different from what you bought online. I don't know whose fault it is, whether it's the company or the site.

Buying clothes online can turn out so wrong specifically because of size. You might consider all the specifications of your body and place order which would eventually turn out to be different. And as such makes it a complete waste of money.

I have a friend who bought a wrist watch online. It looked so pretty in the site, but on the product getting to her, some of the design diamonds used inside the wrist watch has fallen off, making a total mockery of the who beauty of the watch as it was seen online.

#58Aug 17, 2017
  19. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    @Heatman@Heatman You make a great point that the item could be different from what it's advertised or shown on the website but trusted companies don't do this.

#59Aug 18, 2017
  20. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Yes @jakub@jakub you are right in that saying that trusted companies don't do such. But the problem is actually country related. Take for instance, most companies abroad strive more about their consumers or customers satisfaction which in turn promote their company's image.

But most companies dealing in my locale are just after making the money first before caring about their customers. I just believe and hope that with time, they do change this business mentality.

#60Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017