Do you buy clothing online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by writeletters • Mar 16, 2014.

1. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    If I was in the USA, I probably would buy clothes online.
    In Canada though, we typically have shipping rates or minimums that are much higher than our southern neighbors. This means I'd have to spend $50 or as high as $100 just to get free shipping to me. Returning it is a whole other league as it's usually at your expense. All in all, just not worth it.

2. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly I do because I can get so much better a fit there. They have tall sizes, something hard for me to get in women's pants here. Also, they have other things I just can't find in stores. I get a good fit from online, so much better than in stores.

I really hate going into a store and trying on everything and nothing fits. One of my favorite clothes online places deva lifewear is going out of business. But one of the ladies that sewed for them for years is doing her own site. So I will be checking that out.

Like deva, and others, online has unique selections in fabrics that stores just don't have. For instance, just try to get a cotton bra in a store. I promise you won't.

3. usengineers

usengineersNew Member

Threads:
    Yes, i love to do online shopping and i usually buy only branded clothes because i know the size of my body.

4. badwolf

badwolfNew Member

Threads:
    Even though I really like buying clothes online, I regularly go to shops as well! I think buying online is a great thing when you already know exactly what you want and what size you need. Also there are some online shops that offer you free return so you can just order two different sizes and return the one that doesn't fit. I also think going to a shop can be quite stressful, especially when it's crowded and you have to wait a long time to get to the changing rooms. What I also really love about online shopping is that you get access to brands that don't have a shop nearby, so there is probably nothing you can't get anymore!

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy some clothing online, but a lot of stuff, I prefer to try on. Some online shops offer very nice fitting guides, which is helpful. I do like the fact of having a much bigger selection online, since there are not really a lot of shopping choices in my immediate area.

6. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    The only type of clothing that I buy online is shirts. Other than that I buy shoes because I know that they will fit. With clothing, different material makes the clothes for different so you are never really sure if you are getting the right size to fit you.

7. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    Normally I prefer to buy my clothes at malls and supermarkets but in holiday season or in special occasions I can't miss to check online shopping clothes websites which are really offering discount offers and many other facilities like free home delivery and return policy. In my point of view, everyone should visit online store where you can get best deals and new fashion trend ideas around the world.

8. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online at the moment but I plan on doing this one day. There is this store that has really nice outfits and I have been wanting to purchase something from them for a while. The clothes are pretty expensive but it's so worth it because the clothes are high quality and they are totally my style.

9. RobertCMcElveen

RobertCMcElveenNew Member

Threads:
    NO, I never hesitate while purchasing online cloths, at starting time you should use approximation to buy clothes after that when you know perfect size then order according to your size only.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love shopping and online shopping is no exception! I have a few trusty online stores that NEVER fail me. Because I've been shopping with them for a while, I can pretty much tell just by looking what size to go with. I'm an 8-10 ladies' size, depending on the style and cut. Luckily for me, so far I've only ever had to return something because it didn't look anything like the picture. That was very easy, and the store sends you a pre-paid envelope with your order, so it's great :)

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have bought some items of clothing online. Most of it was fine with no problems associated with it...however, one of the items that I bought from China never showed up...I had to ask for a refund, and fortunately I got it. I just think that you have to make sure you are dealing with a very reputable site when you are buying clothing online.

12. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    I wanted to add a little something about this. When I've ordered from name brand and mid level retailers I've always had a good experience. I've found sales and tried to cut a few bucks and these tended to be the clothes that arrived that were the wrong size or lasted not very long. This is one of the areas where you'll probably be okay, but at the same time be aware of what you're doing.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I only do it with certain types of clothes. If it's a loose fitting item or if the item is very cheap that I wouldn't mind losing a bit of money if it ends up not being to my liking then I'm fine with it. Usually if I buy something cheap that I end up not liking I'll just give it to a relative. I hesitate most with certain types of clothes like pants or shoes where I'd much rather see the actual product and possibly be able to try it on before buying, but overall I'm fine with buying clothes online.

14. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do sometimes purchase clothing online, but when I do, I usually stick to known brand names, because sizing can differ so much among the various companies, and even by fabric. I will often buy cotton clothing, as well as sometimes bamboo blends, because they're forgiving. Some of the synthetics tend to fit tighter, and some aren't all that comfortable on the skin, so I often avoid them. I also prefer stores that offer free no hassle returns.

15. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I actually just tried this again, after telling myself that I never would, and sure enough, the size just came out wrong. This was better than usual, though, but it was still a little off. When it comes to clothes, you really do have to try them on before buying, and that is something that might not ever change.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always been dubious about buying clothes online, and that is mostly because even when you purchase clothes in store that you like, and then take them home and try them on, it can go wrong. Much less when you aren't seeing the actual article of clothing in person. You order based upon faith. I have ordered clothes in the past and i has been hit and miss. But clothes shopping online is not a favorite thing of mine.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I much prefer shopping online to going into a physical store and being sold to. When it comes to size, it depends on the place. Even in one store the same size can vary, so you can end up with something that doesn't fit, but you can always return it or throw up your hands and donate. I always make sure to check reviews on fit if there are any, but I typically buy used anyway (environmentally friendly and I won't look like everyone else like I would if buying in store), so it's super simple to ask the seller for exact measurements.. I always end up with a perfect fit.

18. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually read several reviews to see if people are saying that they items run "true to size." I also prefer sizing charts that utilize measurements. That is the best way to get a proper fit, if you ask me.

Frankly, I would do all my clothing shopping online if it were possible (I do still prefer to actually try things on, especially certain items). It would be much easier to shop online, due to some physical limitations I have.

I definitely do more gift shopping online now, and sometimes, that includes clothing (especially t-shirts).

19. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:

I also stick with known brands I've worn before because I'm familiar with the sizing. If they have a high street presence, even better because I can see if they have the items in store, try them on and then place the order online. This makes it easier and can often save me money because often the online prices are lower. Like you, I also stick with reputable, well known retailers that offer free no hassle returns.

20. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I never had a problem with choosing a size online. I think that women should adopt the same measurements as men clothing because how women clothes are sized on the internet is confusing alone.

I have always got the right size when I shopped online. I love shopping for clothes on the internet because there is so much unique stuff that you won't generally find in local stores.