Do you buy clothing online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by writeletters • Mar 16, 2014.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    I do not buy myself clothes online. I cant find a website that has consistant sizes on clothes so some things may be big, others may be small, yet they are the "same size". For my kids, on the other hand, I buy from ONE online store only and we LOVE IT! They are true to size, super cheap, free shipping, and super cute!

2. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy 1 size larger and it usually works well. Then again, I only shop in sites that are major clothing companies and don't purchase by Amazon or Ebay. I just trust store companies.

3. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    If the clothes that you buy online doesn't fit you, then you can exchange it for the different size. There is no problem in it, I have done it before. But, I perfer to see and feel the fabric before buying. Therefore, I prefer to buy my clothes offline.

4. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    I think garments is something that can be obtained on the web. I purchase dress on the web yet just shirts. I don't purchase pants nor shoes nor shirts on the grounds that the size is the enormous stress that rings a bell, in light of the fact that any garments, that is not shirts, fits me when I get it on the web. Despite the fact that don't get them regularly in light of the fact that I have found that you can't generally tell what the quality resemble or in the event that they fit you until they arrive

5. Muntic0re

Muntic0reNew Member

Threads:
    Yes I often buy clothes online. But once I missed one number in my postal code and didn't get a dress :( I know that it was my fall, that's why I always check postcode on

to prevent such mistake.

6. Vinicius Souza

Vinicius SouzaMember

Threads:
    I had some problems with clothes. When I purchased 2 T-shirts with a determined size, I received a T-shirt bigger than my body.

7. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes only from local online store. This gives me two advantage. I can pay cash on delievery and in case the clothing item does not fit, I can exchange or return. I see a lot of good clothes on various international stores, however, I have never tried to buy these items.

8. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes online with correct measurements and after reading reviews.

Once I was buying a piece of garment and one review had beautifully specified that the garment is ideal for certain height of people, it was exactly what I was looking for.

I bought it and it turned out to be the exact fit!

9. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    To tell you the truth, I have bought clothing occasionally. I don't have a good experience on this. The clothing item I purchased was not exactly as I had seen on the computer screen. I bought the item just because I liked the design and I did not find it on brick and mortar stores.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, because I always end up having some problem with size / number of clothing (I'm telling this obviously from my own experience).

I'd rather go to the physical store to see the clothes, feel the fabric, and finally taste in my body. Only then I decide whether to buy or not.

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was hesitant too, but found amazon has ask the seller spot so I ask away at things I've questions about. I tend to buy bigger and looser clothes, because I hate clinging clothes, yuk. Unless the particular apparel is so cheap I can't resit it. I do like to try it on, for no matter how cheap if it doesn't fit it belongs to someone you're going to give it to. I bought one short pants ohnline, it was sooooo cheap, I took a chance. Sizes do vary a lot it is a bit tight so I got to loose weight a bit, which I have to anyway. I bought sneakers and a pair of slip ons, online very cheap too...so far so good. Funny thing I bought very cheap t-shirts soooo cheap too didn't bother to try it on and guess what too small, lol. Live and learn I guess!!!:rolleyes::po_O

12. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    The clothes and footwear I buy online are mainly for sports, and mainly on a shop called SportsDirect. I love their service because it's simple and effective, and I can get massive discounts on a really large number or items. They have a physical store too close to me, but the prices cannot be compared, online is much cheaper.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I see fine clothes online I would have been interested in buying but won't because of my past experiences. Sometimes ago I have ordered for clothes and on the long run didn't quite fit. From a good glance they looked perfect but in reality I had issues with them. I like to be very sure what I am getting would size, test wear, before paying.

14. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's the main issue with buying clothes online, the sizes and the materials, as we don't even know how it looks until we get them. The same with colors. That is why for me is far more comfortable to buy shoes, as I know the size I wear, so I do it more often. Some bargains on clothes are simply too hard to refuse!

15. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have purchased a couple of clothing items for my daughter online and I did not have any issues with them. I think when I have enough money I will try to buy something for myself since I am usually a small size and I know they are most likely going to fit me. The problem would be if I would like the quality but for that I would have to order in stores in which I trust.