Do You Buy Early?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Aug 11, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Some categories of products especially mobile phones are usually quite expensive at inception. But they come with some definite advantages like originality since they are not mass produced. The catch is that they are quite expensive though they perform quite well in terms of durability. Do you buy early?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy early. I wait for few months until the price is lowered, and then buy the product. Well actually when the product is launched, like many people I am also willing to own it.However, I am not spendthrift. I always look for ways to save money. By not buying early, I am able to save some money.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh no, I don't go rushing in because I'm not that much of a techie who wants to be among the first few to be seen with flashy new gadgets LOL I think it's silly, because the same products then drop in price within a few months because newer, flashier ones keep coming out. In fact, I usually hang onto my devices until they die. I couldn't afford it.

4. ashley0323

ashley0323Member

Threads:
    No, we don't buy early. It's way more expensive that way. We always wait a couple months after things come out. It is usually a little cheaper that way. Not to mention, if its an electronic, they tend to fix all the mishaps and glitches, and we like to wait until thats done so we don't end up with a bill to fix it ourselfs.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm one of the many people who is content to wait until prices of pricey electronics drop before I buy them. In fact since there usually isn't much difference between the newly released products and previous generations, I buy the cheaper previous generation models. It can save anyone a lot of money as prices can drop by as much as $60 or more. I saved $150 on a Samsung device at one time.

6. naveen.vishwa

naveen.vishwaNew Member

Threads:
    i dont buy early . it is always better to wait for few months . i will review it properly and i will make a decision

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I'm the type that always buys late when it comes to phones. In fact, I always wait for them to be almost phased out before I buy them, so that I can get the lowest price possible for that model. All phones will one day become old anyway, so I really am not eager to have the latest models.

8. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    It all depends on the technology. If you are looking in a niche market where they aren't producing a lot then of course. Cell phones usually not though -- I don't really use it for that much more than wi-fi and calling and it's not that different than any other product. If I really want it I'll wait for the price to drop enough where I can justify spending the money.

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I agree in that I wait a few months before buying a new item, especially when it is an electronic item. I also am not a big fan of buying first generation items. I feel they always have glitches. The price often goes down after electronics are first introduced so a little patience can save a lot.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely buy early, when it just launches – specially for gadgets and tech stuff. I will sometimes get makeup when it just launches, just because it usually has a labeled price and doesn’t decrease fast, unless it’s on sale. But that is only if I really want the item. Otherwise, I can wait as well.

Specially nowadays, I usually only get stuff when they are on sale!

11. AntonioCalcano

AntonioCalcanoNew Member

Threads:
    No, I never buy early unless of course it's a videogame that I was wishing for. For all the rest I found out that it's better for the products to be tested by others first and then when there is a revision available or a newer updated version of said product is when I usually buy it. Some products come faulty when released and that's why you need to be very careful when buying early.

12. bms00

bms00Member

Threads:
    I find that almost all technology products are so good that a year-old or two-year-old product is nearly as good as a brand new one that just came out. Recently I was looking at new Dell laptops, and the best processor they have available is the same one I already have in my 2013 laptop.

As far as clothing, you only need to wait until the season actually starts to get clothing on sale. Items get released a few months before the season at full price, when the weather isn't appropriate to wear them anyway.

13. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have never been an early-adopter when it comes to technology, or an early-buyer when it comes to anything new really. I am that person who likes to wait until the price comes down, and I can usually justify not giving in when it is full price and being able to wait. It saves money in the end, which is usually my main goal, so that is where I stand there. Of course there are some things that I need to get right away, but these are rare.

14. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Buying early keeps the cash flowing so the companies keep releasing newer devices every year or every few months. Otherwise, imagine how could it be our market if everyone wait for a while after finally buy the stuff. Is the frantic purchase of many people that motivates the industry to be big and diverse. There are a lot of people out there with good purchasing power to afford wasteful expenses that many of us wouldn't ever do even if we were racking up on cash.

15. HappyKoi

HappyKoiNew Member

Threads:
    I've never really seen the need to buy early. Like some people have already mentioned, prices do come down after awhile. I also like to wait for at least six months, because that's the time the early buyers are using their devices and are finding all the bugs and issues. Many companies will rush a release either to meet a pre-determined deadline or to capitalize on a holiday or event. The problem with this is that the developers are often rushed and quality control, in this case, takes a back seat to profit. My personal view is that, by waiting, I get a more accurate look at the product and how it works in the real world with real people, and the company has the time to address and fix or begin to fix any errors in their product. If this is something good, it will still be there waiting when I'm ready to get it, and if it's not a good product, then I didn't waste my money.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @HappyKoi@HappyKoi That's because there usually isn't a need to buy early. It comes down to desire. I know a whole host of people who only buy early because they want to be the first among their peers to have whatever it is that they are buying early. And s you mentioned, it benefits to wait a while as prices often come down.

#16Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  17. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    I usually do not buy early, and here are my reasons why. I will be focusing on gadgets, They cost a lot if they are just new in the market. After a year you can buy the same gadget almost half its original price. I do not buy early because sometimes, after a new product is released, another company releases a higher specification of their gadget but with a much cheaper price. And most of the time, I usually buy used but not abused gadgets. From phones to laptops. I save a lot more with that.

18. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    If it's an electronic product I don't buy early even if I have the money to do so. I hold back for some months to read about the testimonies or reviews of others who are already using the item. This is different if it's food stuff. I like buying this in bulk and still fresh as early as they are within reach.

19. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to take my time with electronic gadgets and read ,and do some research on the product before I would buy it though, also I like to do my computer buying online as well. I like to be very frugal with my buying of electronic gadgets though and also I like to buy the cheaper models that work just as well or better than the more expensive items. I think you should stay away from impulse buying though.

20. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't ever buy early as I don't mind if I have the latest model or not I much rather wait untill it's cheaper. I would own a phone until it no longer works or it no longer has any use of it for what I need it for. If I find a phone I like even if it's not too popular I buy if it has a great discount.