Do You Buy Early?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Aug 11, 2016.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    There are certain products which lose their usability if you do not buy them in the beginning but you can save most of them for a later stage when their price comes down considerably. Like I will never buy a mobile or an electronic product at the introduction level as the prices are likely to fall within a very short time. besides prices you get to know the real value of the product which is available offline and online by the actual users.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you mean by buying early is grabbing the first release of the product in the market, I think that kind of buying is just a whim which is reserved for the young and the wealthy. I think it was iPhone 5 when there was a long line in the queue of the store even one day before the product is sold to the public. Those young people in the line said that it’s a great feeling to be ahead of their friends with that new model of iPhone. So now, what is the value of that iPhone 5 that they spent so much effort just to have? For me, it is the quality and the cost that matter most and not the vanity that the product could give me. That means, I don’t really buy new releases.

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy early specially when it comes to gadgets because I know that if I wait 3 or more months after the initial release of a gadget, the prices would be substantially less. In that short span of time, a smartphone or table would have lost its novelty. I don't really mind not having the latest product because there are so many other things that matter more to me than gadgets or appliances. At my age, I'm very much stable emotionally and I don't get carried away by fads or trends nor do I need to turn to the latest gadgets to make me feel good about myself.

4. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have ever bought anything early when the products were just released or even through pre-order. I usually wait until the products have been in the market for quite a while, gather reviews from other users, then only decide if I am going to buy the products.

5. SheleyJ

SheleyJNew Member

Threads:
    I always give preference while buying products for myself. If the quality is too good then I buy the products otherwise not.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    The only time that this really applies to me is around the holidays, when I really do try to find those deals right after the day for the next year. The savings are pretty large so it usually makes a big difference.

7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    No, I certainly won't buy gadgets especially if they were just newly released, because that is the time when they are most expensive. It is always best to buy gadgets when they are not that new anymore to ensure that the price has lowered since it was released. But that seems to be applicable only for phones and PC's. Kitchen and household items don't seem to be included and don't easily get marked down in their prices.