Do You Buy Electronics Or Gadgets Online?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by kaka135 • Mar 19, 2017.

1. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Though I think it's more convenient to shop and purchase things online, there are certain things I haven't feel comfortable to buy online. One of them is electronics appliances and gadgets. Unless I am buying them from a trusted merchant that comes with warranty and with their own delivery service, otherwise I am afraid the gadgets might be spoiled during the delivery.

What do you think?

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I agree. I've been purchasing several items online like sports clothes and ankle weights or phone accessories. I had one experience buying a smartphone from an online store and regretted it. They delivered me the wrong color and the wrong item and they would like me to ship back the item before they give me a refund which is absolutely inconvenient for me. The good thing is that when we checked the receipt to where it came from, it was addressed in a mall near our place so we went there and showed the receipt to the shop and had a refund. We got confused as to why the receipt was addressed from that shop and gave us the conclusion that it was bought from there and only delivered it to us.

After that incident, I never dared to purchase any electronic devices online just to prevent the hassle.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I actually saw a huge online sale being advertised the other day and it just made me rethink my usual need to go and actually see what I will be buying. Reviews are becoming more and more important for me personally.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Depending on the type of product and the availability of it, yes... But this happens infrequently because I prefer to buy everything in physical stores.

I feel safer buying in physical stores because the chance of having problems are minor, and if something happens, it's more easier to solve the problem.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I usually buy gadgets offline as I am more comfortable with it. In case of an issue we can approach the same shop to get it replaced or repaired at the earliest. But a few months back I bought a 4G Wingle and it was quite awesome to know that I could save a good amount of money through online purchasing. I also bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy On5 which works really well and here also I could save some handsome money through it.

I think future will be online shopping and more people will be inspired to use it due to its attractive offers and discounts. I think I should also look for online ways to buy goods keeping in mind its huge potential to save money.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, if you are buying gadgets then the warranty is easier to claim if you bought it in person than in online. Because I remember buying a phone in China and it won't turn on anymore after a few months. I was eligible for warranty, but sending it back to China is so expensive that I had no choice but to not avail of it. Unfortunately, the phone wasn't able to be repaired by the local technicians over here. So buying expensive gadgets locally is always better than buying it online.

7. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time that I've bought a Samsung Android, online.
    I, too, had similar opinion as most of yours. But, this buy made me think otherwise. This particular phone, being something pretty much on demand, I could not manage to buy one from off-line counters. Then someone suggested me to book online. I got the phone withing a week. Realized that there's no harm in buying electronics online.

8. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I am. It is Lazada. I don't know you have heard about this. I have been purchasing online all of my electronic parts and other similar gadgets. I am satisfied of its services like its door-to-door delivery, its money-back guarantee for defective items.

The feature which I like much is its tracking facility. Your order could be tracked from its packing date, shipping and delivery date. It also welcomes feedback. It is answers any concern immediately.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Lazada is the online store that I frequent the most because it is a trusted name already. But with electronic items, I don’t dare buy online for fear that the product may be defective so it would be a problem to send it back for replacement. I actually want to buy a dash camera which is cheap in Lazada but I am hesitant because of the issue of defective product. My advice to would-be buyers of electronic products in online store, think of the hassle when the delivered product has a defect.

10. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Even I hesitate in purchasing few items from online shopping sites but electronic items don't fall in that category. I have purchased many electronic items from the online store and so far my experience is awesome as I got almost all deal in good price compare to offline store with good warranty too. I have purchased many smart phones from online site, purchased TV, juicer and many items. All of them are working well.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't mind buying anything online including electronic gadgets and equipment provided the rates are cheaper and terms of return favorable. I have bought some of our present gadgets and equipment from online sites which most people in my country do not feel comfortable for different reasons. I have bought them after comparing prices and models in offline stores and checking the terms carefully.

12. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    True. I wonder why people still hesitates. Though in compare to past now people are more aware. They are knowing the price difference and seeing others who purchasing thing from online without any problem. So now I am seeing few people are trying it and getting good results. In compare to past online purchasing has improved lot because people are getting advantages from it.

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy online some electronic products via

to get money from shopping and have in-store pickup. I get what I want make some money and I buy on sale so I save money too all my electronics. I never buy full retail because you save so much when it's on sale so I buy on sale always. (the ebates.com is a referral link.)

14. komaeda

komaedaNew Member

Threads:
    I've purchased electronics both at stores and online, but mostly the latter. The only electronic I can recall going to a store to buy was my iPod, and that was back in 2012. I guess I prefer to get them online so I'm open to more options and types then whats offered at stores, and I don't have to go to the store either. In regards to different prices, I'm not sure which would sell for more/less unless you were to buy a used product. When buying online I'm pretty sure that I buy from the company too or off Amazon.

15. onliner

onlinerNew Member

Threads:
    For me it will definitely be clothes. I always prefer having a feel of any type of garment before purchasing. I'm also not so sure of the sizes, so it's always better for me to shop at an offline store.

16. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't prefer to buy electronics online as I have the same fear as you @kaka135@kaka135. Also, there are times where we get a wrong gadget or even some other thing will be delivered. One such incident is that my friend ordered a Samsung smartphone but she was delivered a basic model mobile with the box of Samsung. She was frustrated and she stopped buying gadgets online. So, it is always better to go to the store directly and buy it for ourselves.

17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs That's shocking. I never thought about something like that can happen.

I am purchasing mobile phones from online shopping since many years now. I have almost purchased 7 to 8 mobiles so far. And honestly my experience with all of them is quite good. No problem at all. So I can't even imagine about such problem you mentioned. Better to go with good sites which provides better return policy that we can avoid such problem later on.

#17Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  18. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yup, it was shocking for me too. Even though I have not personally experienced any difficulty like this till now, I always have second thoughts if I am buying something from the online. If it is something very important product that you have to buy it is better to go to the store and buy it. When buying from the stores directly we will be able to see the product for yourself and check and buy which is safer.

19. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I am slowly and slowly getting more and more used to the whole online thing. It really really helps that there are just so many deals out there if you really know where to look.

20. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Ther is generally the consensus that it's not wise to buy electronic items online. however, I am not in total agreement with this notion. I would purchase electronics online, but it's the dependent on if the source is a dependable and credible one, where I can be satisfied that I may be able to get a refund or replacement without undue hassle. There are problems with purchasing of numerous items online, these are problems are not confined to electronics alone.