Do You Buy Electronics Or Gadgets Online?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by kaka135 • Mar 19, 2017.

1. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have bought two smart phones online and so far they both are working very fine. Other than that I have never bought any electronics or gadgets online. The two phones that I bought, are available only in online stores. Therefore there was no other alternative. I don't feel comfortable to but electronic items online. I prefer to go and see the product and then buy it. Buying it offline has the advantage of going to the same shop if anything goes wrong. This facility you cannot get while buying things online.

2. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I think I am buying more than 40% of my electronics and computers online. I have purchased Laptop and Tablet online. I also purchased the electronics such as the appliances at home for cooking like induction cooker, toaster etc. And in future I am also going to buy blender and sandwich maker. So it's pretty much good in that case. I wish to buy some of the gadgets through online due to discounts.

3. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I think they sell computers cheaper online-because they have a big warehouse and buy in bulk. I have purchased tablets with keyboards online for a really good price for a new one and it included free shipping as well(Walmart.com). Also Amazon is a good place to find electronic connectors and adapters that are hard to find in a store-and you will find it online if you look long enough,although sometimes they take a while to ship the part-but its worth it sometimes?

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought tablets online and have had no problem with them. I have never bought appliances online as I want to actually see them in person to see what they are like and to look at different models. I have never had a problem with the tablets that I have bought online but it also helps to visit only reputable online business. I like the convenience of buying online versus going to the store. I like not having to go from store to store trying to find what I want.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I always thought that online shopping sites provide electronic items on cheaper rates because they save on multiple transportation since they act as mediators only. They also save on storage/showroom its maintenance, trained sales staff and sundry expenses which in turn they pass on to customers. In some cases the customers have to be a little careful and read the return and guarantee/warranty clause carefully.

6. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    My last 3 phones were purchased online. There were no issues with it at all. I am really satisfied with the prompt delivery. I usually pre-order my smartphones from online stores. I think the important thing is to check the warranty as imported sets are only covered by the online store itself.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @zolzarr@zolzarr I suggest you to try placing order online to your local authorized company stores which is backed by company for guarantee and warranty. Like we have JB hi fi and Harvey Norman in our country which are fully responsible for all kind of defects and replace defective materials at 'No questions asked' basis and offer you all online facilities at special rates.

8. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    The online stores are actually authorized to distribute the phones so there are no issues with warranties. The prices offered are cheaper than those large authorized company stores since they specialize in carrying specific brands of phones. Besides, I have online vouchers to further reduce the amount I have to pay.

9. Barida

BaridaActive Member

Threads:
    I think to a certain degree, you are right. However, online stores are now building confidence in the mind of consumers with backups like warranties, payment on deliveries, and even the chance to directly speak with the sellers of online electronics and gadgets.

My brother bought a phone device through an online store with a year warranty, and truthfully, this phone device has been sound and working in full capacity since 2015 when he purchased it. That grew my confidence in buying electronics through online and I am currently saving to order for a new electronic standing fan through an online store in my area. We have only had few cases of failure of online purchases and even on those cases, if it is the fault of the product not up to standard, it was changed.

10. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree that online vouchers and promotional points have made online shopping sites a bit more popular. But the reality is that these online e-Commerce sites are providing survey sites these vouchers on a handsome discount as they go hand in glove.

11. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    There's no doubt that the internet has really condensed the world, into a small village, where one can buy a gadget from miles away and still receive it at your door step, like you just requested it from a neighbour. I am not trying to sugarcoat things, but ever since I bought my first gadget from an online platform and received it in good condition, I have never again walked into a shop.

I love buying from the internet, because I can find what I want without having to hop from one shop to another. Another thing that makes me want to buy from an online platform, is the comfort that comes with it. You get to analyze prices at a pace that only you are comfortable with.

Buying from an online platform, also gives you an opportunity to review the product and the platform before you can buy. Basically, I am quite comfortable, buying electronics from an online platform.

Oh, I cannot sign out without recognizing the points one accumulates, and hence allow one to buy a later gadget at a cheaper price. These, online merchants really know how to arrest your loyalty.

#31Aug 12, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  12. zolzarr

zolzarrMember

Threads:
    What would you mean by survey sites? I have not completed any surveys so far. The vouchers are provided by local banks through some form of collaboration. Having said that, I believe consumers need to check and review net prices before committing to purchases. Some sites exclude delivery charges.

13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    In as much as shopping online feel good and makes you comfortable, being able to buy stuffs from within the comforts of your home but to me, personally it's not advisable.

Electronics are one of the most delicate commodities I can't buy without being extra and extremely cautious because anything can happen in between the transaction. I try to make out time and visit the shop I intend to buy from and be absolutely sure everything is in check before taking my electronics home.

14. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy my electronic devices via online vendor because of the return policy. It would take forever to have the product be replaced if it was delivered a damaged good. I am always tempted to buy some because of the huge discounts they give.

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @PAYAKNAPAGIISIP@PAYAKNAPAGIISIP Is that so? But I always see that all online shopping sites offer 7-30 days unquestioned return guarantee on all electronic items. I have returned few products even the same day as they were no good at my expectation. I never felt any problem in returning besides shopping sites are very careful as they do not want even a single bad review.

16. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Buying online is the trend today especially since traffic congestion has become so heavy for the past few years now, and it's good to save some gas too and perhaps avoid headaches along the way. You can always return the product if ever some minor defects or a few scratches landed on your stuff.

17. Achraf

AchrafMember

Threads:
    i think some stuff you can't buy them online like for me when it comes to laptop or shoes or clothes i wanna try and see them before everything, but gadgets small things why not

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In that case I go to local shops and check everything before buying them. I check then online stores and compare price and guarantee etc. Then I decide what is beneficial for me but in most cases I buy from well known brands so I know what I am buying online and what to expect.

19. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I know hat its more convenient to buy many things online sitting at your home.But, I have never bought any electronic items online.Once, I have tried to buy an electronic machine but the procedure was too long to buy that,so I left it.But, I am always curious to buy online electronic items if they are good and useful to me.

20. Rock1987

Rock1987Member

Threads:
    I can get a wide variety of electronic items online. There are numerous online shopping sites from where you can make your selection.
    Online sites give you more discounts than stores, plus you don't have to leave your house. Some people say that buying electronics online is risky and you will get faulty items. I purchased my smartphone online and it didn't have any problems. So I would suggest that you buy electronics online and get bigger discounts than stores.