Do You Buy Factory Seconds?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by moondebi • Mar 6, 2017.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Here, we’ve shops which sell factory second materials. Many of those products, especially clothes from branded companies, come with minor faults. And, according my experience, most of the time there’s no damage at all. The price is almost one third of that the actual pricing.

I often buy clothes from those shops. It saves a substantial amount of cash up on buying branded garments.

Have you ever tried buying factory seconds?

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately we have no such shops in my viscinity. Infact the garments are produced elsewhere in the country and by the time they reach us it is already comparatively costly.

You are lucky to have such an opportunity. Certainly a deal not to be missed!

3. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we do have outlets here that sell factory seconds and most of them are branded garments. A famous sports socks distributor/maker holds seasonal sales and that's when I make most of my purchases for stuff like socks, boxer shorts,towels, and undershirts. These items can be had for 70% off. They're not really defective, but I guess they sell broken sizes, as many people call them. Some are export quality items or samples. It's no wonder the office workers rush to their factory whenever they announce a one-week sale and it only happens twice a year. I would see droves of people coming over to buy in bulk perhaps to buy and resell these products at regular prices.

4. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I sometimes buy those clothes. They are really cheap and seldom have any damage. There are a few defects but they are difficult to find out. The place from where I buy the stuff is very cheap. It is less than one third. They sell it at throw away price.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    That is good purchase option of bargain sale of those factory defect goods and commodities. Here in our capital city, they are usually being offered for sale when the seller is celebrating its anniversary sale or especially in a special occasion to let their customers know that their store is selling quality (for it is branded) stuff from household needs to appliances, from apparel to kitchen ware, etc.

That is correct. Sometime those things are sold with minute defect or no obvious factory fault at all and their prices are too low. Ordinary buyers with less income could really afford to buy them. This kind of sale is indeed scheduled by those retailers or wholesalers.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    You mean outlet stores? I used to buy surplus products when I wasn't into buying 2nd hand clothes yet. But now that I've started buying 2nd hand items now, then I don't really get to check out factory reject or surplus clothes anymore. I don't mind a little defect in clothing, but in other items, then I don't think I would want to buy those items that have a defect.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is that factory seconds the same as factory overruns? There is a mini mall in Hongkong called The Outlet where we buy apparel that are factory overruns of signature brands like Giordano and Esprit. The price sometimes is 50% off but usually it is the 30% off that we get. However, we are careful in buying since we cannot return the goods if it turns to be defective since we are only tourists in Hongkong. By the way, we are again going to Hongkong in May of 2017 and I’m sure we’ll pass by The Outlet.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I know what you mean @moondebi@moondebi I am basically from the same country so I know almost every manufacturer or multinational that offers such sales like Bata, DCM, Raymonds which sell their quality control rejected products at almost half rates. One can always find these products at display at the front of their showrooms with reduced prices. You cannot tell what defect these products have if you don't see them in concessional sale items.

9. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I have purchased from outlet stores and bought overruns before. We don't have access to too many of those places here, but I'm up for a trip to the outlet mall. That sounds like a good time to me.

I love getting great deals, and sometimes I've been lucky enough to find items that barely have an issue. One shirt literally only needed the hem repaired in one spot yet was marked way down. I'll take deals like that all day.

You do have to shop carefully though. Some items might not be made properly and may be ill fitting. Others may have more damage than you think. It's a good idea to try everything on if it's clothing that you're shopping for in outlet stores.

There are outlets online as well. I prefer to shop for this kind of stuff in person though, so I can check things out thoroughly. I wish we had more of these stores nearby.