Do you buy Fashion magazines?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by johnnear • Jun 12, 2014.

1. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    Are they still worth it? I mean, the internet pretty much has everything today so I was wondering do some of you still purchase fashion magazines? I have a bunch of them stacked in my library and I don't really find them that useful anymore.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never bought a fashion magazine and to be honest I've never been interested in what's in or out of fashion. But I do know some people who buy magazines like Cosmopolitan [I know it's not exclusively a fashion magazine] so much as you can get all the info you need on the net, some like the feel of paper in their hands which is the reason I suppose [such] magazines will always be available for purchase.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't. Nowadays there are so many blogs, beauty and fashion websites, Youtube vlogs and videos.... I feel fashion magazines are getting more and more obsolete, as many magazines are. I don't buy magazines at all anymore. Why pay for paper magazines that you need to get rid with later if you can search everything online for free and find more content and info than in a magazine. It's so much easier.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy fashion magazines. My favorite one was Glamour and Mode. Mode went out of business when the Towers fell in NY. There are plenty of fashion blogs and YouTube channels that talk about the latest in fashion. I love the internet as a fashion resource because they are people catering to groups of people often ignored in the national magazines.

5. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't buy fashion magazines because I prefer to read books or newspapers. But I do like to browse its pages when I have the time/chance like when I'm waiting for my turn in a beauty salon or in other waiting area like hotel lobbies, banks, etc...

I think they're still useful to some people like fashion designers and hair stylists. I'm sure these magazines help them stay updated with the latest in fashion. :D

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Fashion magazines were so worth it for me back when I was still in high school but nowadays I don't even look at them anymore. I just browse through the Internet when I have time and if I had the interest to.

I'm not planning to waste another money on those magazines since I'm paying for my Internet connection every month so I may as well include that in my bill :D

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought a fashion magazine before, nor have I actually ever read one. I don't think that I would be buying any in the future either. I really don't think that its worth it. Unlike a book, you only read the magazine maybe once or twice and I wouldn't want to invest my money on this. Also the internet has so many resources available for us to use for fashion for free. ^.^'

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't buy any magazines at all including a fashion magazine. But we do have a lot of it at home because my mom and my sister are subscribed to some. So if you would ask me, I don't, but my sisters and my mom do. They don't buy monthly. They subscribed for the yearly supply. In that way, they are able to save a lot more.