Do You Buy Flowers For Decoration Often?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by JoshTheboss • Jul 3, 2014.

1. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    I find myself once a week replacing flowers around The House to freshen things up a bit.

Do you buy flowers for decoration?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I buy flowers for decorations. I think one of the nicest ways is to use fresh flowers on a cake. There are now edible flowers for sale in the herb section of the store, "Meijer's" (formerly Meijer Thrifty Acres). I have also seen them at times in other shops such as Walmart. However, if you plan on removing the flowers before you serve the cake to eat, I do not think it is necessary to purchase edible flowers. I think you can just decorate the cake, desserts, or plates with the flowers from your garden as long as you make sure to clean them of any loose dirt.

3. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't purchase 'real' flowers for decoration because they don't last long. What I do is get 'fake' flowers. They don't die or require water. Also, a few manufacturers these days make them so well, they look like they came from mother earth.

Example . . .
    silk_hydrangeas.

4. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, the flowers really look real @True2marie. :)

I also don't buy flowers for decoration (fresh or fake). Because I find fresh flowers too messy for me to clean up when they become dry while fake flowers usually look fake :eek: .. But now I think I'll be checking out the mall soon to see if there are good fake fresh flowers available - just like what @true2marie posted. Really interesting. :)

5. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    No, but my parents do. Flowers are an obligation, you have to put water in them and take care of them. I am also not fond of flowers very much. I would buy fake flowers, they look real and they never die.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I buy real flowers once a week for my apartment. I like the homey touch they add to the place and I think they smell wonderful. I think it's a small investment for such a nice little luxury, personally I would never want fake flowers in my home since I can have real.

7. giftblooms

giftbloomsNew Member

Threads:
    I am using fresh flowers for decoration and buy flowers in every week.
    Fresh and beautiful flowers are the best for home decoration.
    Flowers give very nice smell and that's why create good atmosphere.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I have never bought flowers for decoration, I'm not really the type that likes to look at flowers. However, we have a lot of flowers in our yard because my dad loves them, so he plants them. I guess that's a cheap way of having them without buying them. ;)