Do You Buy Flowers For Yourself?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by cocolgooh • Jul 9, 2015.

1. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been fond of flowers at all, and I would feel like wasting my money on something that wilts, so I will never do that. I would buy other things or even food to make me happy, but not flowers.

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Good one, concerning buying flowers I am yet to do that for myself. Though, I have flowers planted at different places in my compound I still think it's sweet buying one for myself. The fact is there are many affection will show to others but never think of doing so to our very self. This is worth putting into consideration, we need make ourselves feel the good too.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why not get flowers for yourself! If it makes you happy get flowers. We get flowers for the grave or altar when we visit our church where we have a nitch of our ancestors. I love receiving gifts of flowers too. I like flowers so I would get some to brighten my home. Flowers are so nice to see and to feel always.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No, because I don't like flowers. I usually buy for my mother or my girlfriend. But for myself, I never bought it. Surely, spending money buying flowers is something I'll never do in my life.

But don't get me wrong, I have a good heart. :)

5. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Flowers are beautiful and lift the spirits when you have them around. I normally have some flowers in a vase somewhere in my house as I really enjoy to see them. The trouble is that they don't last for long enough. They are cheap enough to buy though and I normally spend about £5 a week on them.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I think that buying flowers for yourself would be a nice gesture even though I have never done it. Flowers really does help to brighten up any moment but I have bought it for others but not for myself. Maybe it's nicer to see their brightened expression when they receive it.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I do like buying flowers for myself so I can use them as home decor. I think that flowers bring life to any place and having them at my house just makes it look refreshed. Flowers can be the items that bring that pop of color our houses may need and of course this can bring happiness to our lives.

8. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I like to see a flower arrangement in my house a house that I designed. What better way than to get involved with arranging flowers mostly plucked from my garden? I have a passion for gardening and also I create flower arrangements using various items. I could say I do not buy flowers for myself but my house needs a bit of freshness. After all I designed it (lol)

9. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely buy flowers for my wife when I know she had a bad day! When I need a refreshment, I buy a beer and stay in the front of TV. to recharge my batteries. I don't buy flowers for me, it would not help me at all!

10. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought flowers for myself. I love flowers and I love getting flowers as gifts. Flowers instantly beautify a home and makes the sun come into the home.

Maybe I should just go see if there any specials on at Uncle Joe's :)

11. Haroon Rasheed

Haroon RasheedMember

Threads:
    I buy flowers for myself to make me feel better.I like red roses because of their charming and attractive beauty.Sometime, I buy flowers of different colors to decorate my room.I have planted so much flowers in my garden.Whenever I don't have time to go to flower shops, I just visit my garden and pluck many flowers from there.

12. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    It depends on what kind of flowers they are. If they are a kinds of flowers typically intended as a gift, such as those in a bouquet, then no, I don't. I find the prospect depressing.

I do, however, buy flowers to supplement my garden and perhaps add some greenery to my home.

13. sw8sincere

sw8sincereNew Member

Threads:
    Buying flowers for ourselves is pretty uncommon to most people. I can say that receiving flowers from other people is always the best feeling in the entire world.

14. Kiama

KiamaMember

Threads:
    I would definitely buy flowers for myself if they are to decorate my house. But buying flowers to make myself feel better? No I wouldn't do that since that's kind of lying to myself. After the flowers wither the pain will still be there.

15. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    To be frank I never bought flowers for myself or for anybody else. I have seen that people usually give flowers on festive occasions and also if a person is going through difficult times like hospitalization. Flowers have enormous power to change the mood of a person and I think it’s apt to present flowers to boost positive thinking. However, I have a beautiful flower garden in my front yard with a wide variety of flowers. I am happier to see the flowers on plants itself.

I heard that flowers are also available in dry form and they can last for a longer period of time. However, it lacks the freshness of live flowers. It's a well flourishing business in our country.