Do You Buy For Quality Or Beauty?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ADSSOLSN • Apr 23, 2017.

1. ADSSOLSN

ADSSOLSNMember

Threads:
    hello guys, I realised I have bought a couple of items based on how good they look rather than their quality.
    I have watches grandpa for sometime now and he doesn't care for how good it looks over how long it lasts.
    how do you make your purchase decisions?

2. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I don't subscribe the buying of goods by looks alone because I am aware that are knockoff versions of many types of merchandise which are usually very attractive in appearance. These knockoffs are found to be mostly unreliable in many instances when it comes realiability, therefore I try to avoid being fooled by appearance alone.

3. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Of course I base my purchases over looks first, since that's what attracts me the most when it comes to purchasing an item. But I also choose a good and reputable brand when I buy an item to ensure that it will last and I will not waste my money when I buy it.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I can, I try to associate the two aspects (it's a good match for me) because I consider them very important. But if I have to choose just one, it's clear that I'll overpower the quality in relation to beauty (as I do with people ;)).

5. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I do not consider separating the two components.This is because I like to have a good looking item and at the same time a durable one.Lets take clothes for instance.I always go for the trendy look.I then examine if the apparel is bound to last long.If it is not,I look for another one.This is because I am very conscious of my spending habits.I always want to save whenever necessary.

6. Trixen

TrixenMember

Threads:
    This is hard. I think the price would matter too. I would always go for good quality, but if it looks good and cheap then why not? There are trendy/fashionable things that will eventually phase out, anyway.

7. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    It is best to look for both qualities when purchasing something. I wouldn't buy something I didn't like the look of, but at the same time, I would look for good value for money. The product doesn't have to be expensive for it to be of good quality. If the item lasts and you get good use out of it, then it was good value for money in my books.

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I look for both qualities. Beauty along with quality which lasts long and worth for the penny spent. Even if something attracts me in the first look I always look for the quality before buying.

9. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not going to want to wear something that looks ugly, so it wouldn't make any sense to spend money on it. If you don't wear it anyway, you didn't really get a good value. You'll just end up spending more on something else, and the original item will be wasted.

Of course, appearance isn't the only factor either. Price is important, so I shop around. I also want decent quality, so I look over my items, feel the fabric, check the stitching, and hold it up to the light to see how flimsy the fabric is. If I can see straight through it (which happens far too often these days) then it's too thin. It will be threadbare in no time.

I'd rather get a higher quality item that might not be in that exact color or print but is still attractive. At least I'll be able to wear it past the second or third wash.:p

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I wish everything that looked good was in good quality but too bad that is not the case. At first I got to admit I see how it looks and then I check if it's in good enough quality to lasts enough time for me to enjoy. If it looks good and it's not good quality I will be sad to buy and then soon have to throw it away. If it looks decent and in good price then it's good enough for me.

11. SheleyJ

SheleyJNew Member

Threads:
    You shouldn't do this. For me I always give priority on the quality not quantity.

12. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I usually look for quality. But, I also see if that particular product is good to look at and it suits me, if it is a garment. I don’t go only on quality but combine both of them. I can compromise on the looks but not on the quality. I would like the product to last for sometime, rather than get spoilt after little use.

13. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    This is my weakness when regards to shopping for items which look nice and well crafted. I always end up regretting of buying such items. Actually, it is my weakness on how to determine whether the items sold are in good quality of not. The sales lady or the one promoting the said product doesn't divulge its inferiority. Instead its usefulness, its easiness to use and its service to offer for the user are being emphasized.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not me I go for the price and quantity with price. Take for example lipsitick, I spend only .79 plus tax and no one knows what i spent on my lipstick but me. We love to eat tater tots in our home. The cheapest is from Walmart, 2.74 for 2 pounds this is fantastic! I'be bought Ore Ida's tater tots too and you know what you can't tell the difference if it was from Walmart of not, so I get my tater tots from Walmart, unless it's cheaper on sale. I always went for quantity and price not the looks of packaging.

15. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I look for both though quality remains the first criteria. However, my preference sometimes depends on the types of product as well. For the fancy items, look is an important factor. So, cannot depend only on quality. Besides, if something is meant for daily use then the product has to be durable. So, more or less, both factors prevail depending on the product.

16. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I always buy for quality because I hate having to buy the same thing over and over again just because I was trying to save on a few dollars. You'd be surprised just how easy it is to find good quality items at much cheaper prices if only one has the patience and determination to look for specials, discounts and deals. Sometimes you have to wait for these to happen, but if you really want something then that is not so hard to do.

17. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I look for both. There is no point in wearing clothes that is of high quality but does not look good. And there is also no point in wearing clothes that makes you look good but is of poor quality. I think it is always better to walk through middle way. Find an item that is of average quality and that looks good on you. You will not wear the same clothes forever therefore, there is no need to look for expensive high quality items. You need change, therefore, buy average quality items.

18. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I think I've done both in the past but as I've grown older I look for comfort, especially when it comes shoes, which usually means I buy a higher quality product.

With dresses and other fashion clothes I find the sizing is more generous and looks better on the body. That doesn't mean I never go for a cheaper lesser quality product. Sometimes I will just like the look of something and buy it without weighing up the cost or cut of the cloth.

19. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I try to find a nice compromise between the two, but I usually watch for the quality first. When you look at it, it is much more important how much something lasts than how it actually looks.

20. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    And this right here, is the reason why most women end up spending three hours shopping for a few items :) We are looking the best quality for the best price. I tend to look at both and before I make a final purchase, I would go to about 10 shops to ensure I am getting the best value for my money. This is also one reason I don't shop online for clothes, shoes or jewelry. I want to feel and touch, bargain if possible, visit our shops, bargain some more before my money is handed over.

So its a combination of both. If it's an item I really need, like a coat or a pair of shoes, and I am sure I cannot get that quality anywhere else for that price, then I go for it. There is a very satisfying feeling you get when you know you spent your money wisely.