Do you buy from 1800PetMeds or PetFoodDirect.com?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by AutumnFaith2012 • Sep 2, 2012.

1. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I recently purchased meds for my little pet pig online at Petfooddirect.com. The pricing was very reasonable, shipping was free, and coupon codes were available for non prescription medicines. I had not heard of this retailer before, but thought I'd compare with 1800Petmeds.com to see if there was a difference. Petfooddirect.com was a lot cheaper!! They even call your vet to verify prescriptions. I know 1800Petmeds probably does the same, but they were super expensive. It was a $5 to $10 price difference!!

Do you shop at 1800PetMeds or PetFoodDirect? (Or do you have another online pet supply store??)

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have ordered from 1800petmeds before, but I like PetCareRX more because they have a loyalty program and you earn points for every purchase. The points add up pretty quickly and you can redeem them for money off your next purchase. I have been buying from them for at least 2 years and have never had a problem with my orders. The only downside is that you have to pay for shipping if you want to return items to them.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried buying pet goods online before. I'll have to check out the websites mentioned here and compare them to our local pet store. We have a small town pet shop ran by local folks. Their prices are pretty good and I like supporting local businesses. If the websites are cheaper, I just may have to start using them instead. Thanks for the info!

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't used any of these services yet. I usually don't plan ahead far enough to get my meds/foods from online retailers. Usually I run out of what I need amd then need to go straight to the vet. At least my vet is reasonably priced. I do like to support my local businesses. And when the prices are good, I don't mind spending a little more.

5. murbiz

murbizNew Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer shopping at PetFoodDirect.com for all my pets needs.I have 2 dogs and a cat ans since I got them a few years ago I have always shopped at this website.A friend of mine who is a vet. by profession recommended this site for me so I know it is reliable.

The good thing about PetFoodDirect.com is that it is cheaper and I love how fast they ship their products.They also show you different methods on how to go with anything you are shopping for.I have ever tried 1800PetMeds since I have been completely comfortable with PetFoodsDirect.com for many years.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who has pets.It is by far the best.

6. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:

Thanks! That's good to know...especially that a vet has recommended them. My order is being shipped, so I guess I'll see how everything goes. They were a lot cheaper than some of the other sites and I did receive an e-mail that they also have a points system for saving up on supplies, etc. I'll let you guys know how this first order goes once it gets here!

7. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I had bought some things at 1800PetMeds about 5 years ago. They still send me coupons and catalogs. The last one I got had a coupon for $8 off so I looked for some flea and tick treatment. Even with $8 off, Petco still had a better price. I'm going to take a look at the PetFoodDirect.com you mentioned. Thanks.

8. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    I have been buying from them for at least 2 years and have never had a problem with my orders. The only downside is that you have to pay for shipping if you want to return items to them.

------------------------------
    Rock Legend For Movie DVDs ---

,No More Hesitation

9. michal

michalNew Member

Threads:
    yes it is costly but have not benefiticial.....

10. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I had ordered from 1800PetMeds once or twice in the past and had a good experience with them however I have never heard of PetFoodDirect. Thanks for the post. I had no idea of the cost difference between the two.

11. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I don't shop with them as they are more expensive. I can pay the same prices locally and prefer to shop local in that case. I can find many other suppliers on the Internet that sell at a cheaper price.

12. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I see commercials for 1800petmeds advertising cheaper prices, but that hasn't been the case for me. I guess I'm in the minority here though:D
    I buy a lot of name brand flea and tick medicine and Amazon is actually cheaper with that in my case. Shipping for dog food would probably through the roof with my 3 large dogs, but I wish I could order cheaper that buying it at Sam's.