Do you buy gifts for your pet?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by PubD • Dec 1, 2012.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I have two cats, and they are part of my family at Christmas time. We hang 2 mini stockings for them next to ours. We put 1 small toy in each stocking. We give them a small present under the tree. Usually it is a bag full of treats or a can of tuna. The gifts are never expensive, usually under $5. It is a tradition that we started when my son was young. We keep this tradition every year. It just adds to the memories.

2. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I do buy gifts for my pets. I think they are part of the family and deserve gifts also. I do not go crazy on pet treats and toys during the holiday season either. I just buy them something at one of the dollar stores.

3. yellowlabel

yellowlabelNew Member

Threads:
    Absolutely no....

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I used to, but now I don't. They have all the toys they need, and I treat them to higher quality stuff occasionally anyway. Pet gifts can be expensive and are grossly above what they should cost.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are the same. It's important to make them feel loved. It's nothing too fancy. We just buy the dogs a bone, maybe a toy or a treat at the dollar store. I think it's stupid to spend much money on special toys when they'll probably just rip them apart anyway. When something is labeled indestructible it is a joke.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dog doesn't pay attention to toys, so if I was going to get him something for Christmas, it would be something edible, like special food or dog treats.
    I got him a squeaky teddy bear last year and he tore it to pieces.

7. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that's a really lovely gesture to include a stocking with treats for your dog on Christmas. I am sure s/he appreciates it very much. After all, everyone else is getting something special, so why should s/he be left out?
    I always include my animals in all of our family celebrations, as they are a part of the family. :)

8. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    Any time I buy toys for my cats they always take more interest in the boxes they come in than the actual toy... I stopped buying them balls and things to chew on and instead leave out boxes for them to jump into and nap in. They find simple pieces of cardboard far more interesting than anything else in the world. I do however buy them treats with vitamins so they have soft, silky fur. They adore they're little flavored treats and I adore petting them after~