Do You Buy Mineral Water?

Discussion in Water started by remnant • Nov 7, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I would prefer to boil water and store it in a water bottle instead of purchasing mineral water which is quite costly retailing at $0.25 per bottle. I find it problematic to trust the claims made by the companies about the concentration of minerals in the packed water as similar concentrations can be achieved throug ordinary food. Its also convenient to ask for water in restaurants.

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    A very good question @remnant@remnant. When I was a kid, we get our water mostly from springs since they're clean and free, but you know, natural mineral water is becoming difficult to come by and it's being sold expensively now. Tap water taste awful in our experience even if you boil it, so for drinking, we mainly buy purified water since it cost less than mineral water and it taste the same.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I purchase it occasionally when I don't have clean water for my daughter. Yes it can be quite expensive that is why I can't wait to be able to get a filter. I feel like tap water taste too much like bleach making me think it's not too safe.

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do buy mineral water especially for lunch when I am out of my house but at home I use both normal water and mineral water. The normal water is a lot cheaper than actual mineral water. Sometime I do worry about concentration of the constituents in mineral water.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We only buy bottled water when we are outside particularly when traveling. Bottled water is very expensive and mineral water is also expensive to be delivered. We have bought a water purifier so our drinking water is almost free courtesy of the faucet. The water purifier is for $100 which we bought last year. It is economical compared to buying gallons of mineral water.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    We have built of a habit of carrying filtered water bottles while travelling even for a short distance to eliminate the need for buying mineral water unnecessarily.

Unless in dire cases I wouldn't purchase water bottles from outside.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I make sure that I am properly hydrated when I live the house. Our office provides purified drinking water through a hot/cold dispenser so I don't have to buy bottled water during work hours. Most bottled water in commercial areas are quite expensive so it's a big no-no for me. I'd rather use the money to buy a good meal. The cheapest places to buy bottled water from are supermarkets with their own purified or mineral water brands.

8. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    We have a drinking water supply in home and office, thus I don't buy bottled mineral water in home or while in office. When I am traveling or outdoor, I always make sure to carry a water bottle. However, when there is no water left in my bottle and I feel thirsty, I buy bottled water. This does not happen too often though.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I always buy mineral water for some types of routine situations: to take a shower and to prepare meals for example. I don't give up having mineral water for these types of activities.

Sometimes we try to save money in a way, and we end up having to spend it in other ways (and we usually pay higher amounts for it).

10. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid packaged drinking water whenever possible. Even when going outside I try to carry some water in a water bottle. Most of the mineral water companies are fake and the quality of water is not up to mark. They have fake quality standards and quite recently a number of companies were ordered to shut down due to poor quality of water.

Even from the cost point of view the water is becoming costly day after day. It's hot weather here so the price of bottled water is rising like anything. We see PET bottles everywhere and I don't want to add those pile of plastic either. I don't think it's a burden to carry some water wherever we go. At least we can trust it.

11. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I buy bottled water when on a tour. There're places where you cannot trust the quality of drinking water. So to avoid health hazards, I buy packaged water bottles. Though bottled water doesn't come with a guarantee of purity, but then you've to opt as there's no other option available.
    However, in regular scenarios I rather carry drinking water, especially in hot summer days.

12. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the situation. I wouldn't exchange the best tap water in our place. It comes from the spring on top of the mountain. Now, it is being exploited and being commercialized. The supply of water that we use to drink everyday is notw being treated with chlorine and its natural taste is affected. So, when you visit our small city, you can see all over a store operating as a water purifier. Nevertheless, I do still depend on the tap water on our faucet. I am only obliged to drink a mineral water or a bottled purified water when I am out of town for the water there is not as good compared to ours.

13. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I just drink tap water. I don't see the point of buying mineral water when there is perfectly good and clean water in my own house. Whenever I am going out I will fill up a bottle with water instead of going out and buying water from stores where they sell the same water as the water from my tap for a pound.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Clean water is very important to have always. Locally, I see people getting those big containers to fill with drinking water at Times Supermarket. I saw a commercial about a new product that changes tap water to clean water even eliminating lead!

[​IMG]

from Yelp.com-

image is from

There is convenient water filtration systems too. I can't find the one I saw in a commercial I saw that's better than Britta for it takes out lead too. I read an article that said that stainless steel is best container for safer water too. Me too I got to find to find the commercial too. Good luck. Hopefully we find them on sale to save money.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The tap water where I live is of a very good quality, therefore, I don't see the need for buying bottled water. Studies have show that bottle some water producers utilize ordinary tap water and make false claims about the extraordinary goodness of the substance and in some instances the water had a high level of bacterial content.There is no guarantee that whats in the bottle is good for consumption because of the lack of any constant monitoring and testing regimes.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Of course not, and I really cannot even stand the taste of this stuff. As a precautionary tale, though, for anyone going to Europe make sure that you are not buying this by accident, because I did that about ten times.

17. JoushaP

JoushaPNew Member

Threads:
    Buying 5 gallon containers of water is cheaper then boiling your own. That's the math that I have put together. It's also nice to have a few containers on the side in case something happens. Once the power goes out, you can't boil anything, unless you plan to boil some on a open fire somewhere in the back yard.

18. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    When I was little, we used to drink tap water since it's clean back then. Now I'm just not sure if it's still clean so we just buy mineral water instead since it's not that pricey. There are a lot of water refilling station in our place, and sometimes our neighbors sell purified or mineral water so it's more convenient for us since we don't have to call for water delivery.

19. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I buy mineral water, but I also drink tap water. The fact is that using the bottle is more convenient to me, as I have it by my side and it's a reminder for me to drink. In terms of quality, I believe it's important to drink both, as some minerals are only present in tap water. Considering it's good quality tap water of course!

20. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    I usually purchase mineral water only when I'm on a road trip with the family. I find it absurd to purchase this water when at home.I think it is a waste of good money. It is true that there are some shady characters who just bottle tap water and sell to unaware citizens who are susceptible to such a hoax. Most of us like mineral water due to the name and the package.The content is not really any different from the water we drink every other day.So why not just stick with good old tap water?