Do You Buy On Impulse?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Deeishere • Jun 14, 2016.

1. Deeishere

DeeishereActive Member

Threads:
    For me, it depends on what the item is. Like this week I purchased the Jullian Michaels 12 DVD kit. I am really trying to get back into my workout and I thought this was a deal that should not be passed up. Instead of me buying one DVD for $10 each or more, I can have a whole set. I will be able to follow her plan then once I lose and I choose which workout I want to do.

2. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Yes mam I do. Mostly at the grocery store.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this a lot if I'm in the right mood for it. Sometimes I'll just grab multiple cheap items thinking that I'm not spending that much but by the time I get home and start calculating I realize I've bought so many cheap items that I ended up spending a lot regardless of the price I paid for each. Still, thankfully even in these situations I do follow some sort of overall budget or limit that I mostly stick to so even when I do impulse buy and overspend I mostly am able to stick to the average amount I set for myself to splurge but it does sometimes leave me with a lot of unused cheap items collecting dust.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I do buy things on impulse and i really hate this about myself but sometimes i just can't help it, so when i'm aware I'm on one of my impulse buying mode, i always make sure to hightail straight to the counter and pay for the item quickly before i changed my mind.

5. Destiny

DestinyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have a problem that impulse buys. I usually end up with tons of stuff I don't really need because I liked the way it looked on the store and just had to have it. I usually end up with a bad case of buyers remorse.

6. ThesePretzels

ThesePretzelsMember

Threads:
    Not very often, I'm usually good at planning purchases out beforehand. When I do buy on impulse I want it to be a sale or a gift for someone else.

7. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    The times when I would buy on impulse are those times when I have a lot of money to spend. If I am on a low budget, then I cannot afford to do impulsive buying. My impulse buying can be on any sort of item - a grocery item, an item of clothing, or things like cosmetics, creams and the like. I have not been doing this sort of thing lately, though, since I have learned from experience that most of these impulse buys are usually things that we could do without and really makes one spend extra money unnecessarily.