Do you buy online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by OsvaldoLuis • Jun 26, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do shop online but the things I buy online are digital products like domain names and hosting plans which I cannot buy from brick and mortar shops anyway. Usually I stick to the same vendor once I have found one that is reliable. Once or twice, I had bought bad deals but the amount was very small so I just chalked it up to experience.

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I really love to shop online mainly due to the convenience - i.e. I don't have to step out of my home to buy anything. I mostly buy video games and DVDs online, but I also buy clothes and jewelry from time to time.

3. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    Making online purchases is relatively simple. Make sure when you place your order, that is, when you get to the payment page that the page is secure. The URL should start with "https" instead of "http" .. https is a secure site, stands for "Secure Socket Layer" and it's what you will see at any banking site on the web. If you go to the PayPal site you will see the URL as

, the site is secure, you can make (or receive) payments without worrying about being scammed.

Amazon.com sells just about anything, and it's a secure site with pretty fast delivery. I buy most of my books from Amazon, especially since Borders went out of business.

#23Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do a lot of my shopping online on Amazon and Walmart.com. What I like about Walmart.com is that you can pick the items out without any crowds or noise, then have them shipped free to your local Walmart store and skip paying postage.
    Or you can have them shipped to your house if you want to pay shipping to avoid going into the store at all.

5. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    I often do so for electronics and video games. In-store selections just aren't in any way comparable to the online selection, even in large stores like Bestbuy. It's also usually cheaper even with shipping, oddly enough.

6. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The online stores are an interesting alternative to shop online. We have to take some precautions, and shopping on trusted sites, but there are many benefits that can be obtained using this system. The main benefit is perhaps the comfort that means not moving from home to buy a product determines. Also, this method brings to us buying products that are in another city or even another country. Unlike the old days, the network can save headaches when buying, such as walking hours on shelves, not knowing which to choose. Electronic commerce, besides being on the rise, is an option for those hunters promotions and turns out to be a good showcase for attractive offers. Of course there is people taking advantage of the good faith of the buyer, but they are exceptions.

7. coolboylk

coolboylkNew Member

Threads:
    I like buying online very much. Because it is cheaper and easy. Me too afraid of scam sites. But I don't buy items from all the websites. I use some trusted sites like eBay, buyincoins.

8. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I buy online. It's very convenient for me especially when I buy clothes for the family (husband, baby, and me). I like it because I don't have to go to the mall and spend countless of hours looking for stuff that I like. I can shop at the convenience of my home, whenever I like. I, too, am afraid to be scammed but to avoid this I mostly shop on big companies. I just shop on their official websites. I rarely buy on ebay, but if I do I check the seller's ratings/feedback just to be sure that I won't be scammed.

9. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    I think shopping online is the coolest thing. My favorite online shop, and very safe, is Amazon.com. Not only can you shop at Amazon for darn near anything, including groceries, but if you join their Affiliate Program you will get more of a discount on any item you purchase.

This is applicable to other sites as well, like shopping at

, join their Affiliate Program, save money on the items you purchase, and make a percentage of the items sold from your blog or website. Place banners and links of any item, on your blog, website, or some social networks allow it, like Myspace. The online shopper is not buying the item from your site, once the banner of link is clicked on, you are taken to the merchants website which is secure. Just make sure that before you make any payment online, from the actual payment page, make sure you see "https" in the address bar instead of "http" .. https you'll always see on banking sites, paypal, and other secure sites that offer payment for anything.

. Banner and link advertising is not like Google Adsense where just a click gets you paid, the person that visits the Merchants website, after leaving your site, has to actually make a purchase before you get a small percentage of the sale.

#29Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  10. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I love shopping online. I only shop from websites that have updated security. I find a lot of bargains online and most times my purchase is either free shipping, tax free, or both. I have been shopping online for years and I will continue to do so. As long as the product I am interested in purchasing is cheaper online, I will shop online.

11. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    I have been buying from Walmart online for two years, and I have saved a lot of money doing so. Here in Key West, Florida, I was purchasing my medicines from Albertsons. They pulled out of Florida a few months ago. Everyone else here in Key West charges way too much for medicines. I have just recently started buying online from Walmart pharmacy. This saves us a ton of money. As for the others here who charge too much, all I can say is that their economic wisdom speaks for itself.

12. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    No I haven't experienced buying online yet since my focus right now is to earn a sustainable income. However, I may try it out in the future if I get more comfortable regarding online transactions. It's hard to spend money if you are just starting to earn because you might get scammed or who knows what'll happen that's why its better to be comfortable first and study how the system works before going in to buy something.

13. Julia Martin

Julia MartinNew Member

Threads:
    yes my dear you are right and speak truth

---------------------------------------

14. kethrynstark

kethrynstarkNew Member

Threads:
    I like online shopping. Because of the online stores provide such as great collection of beautiful dresses with latest style and quality, as well as we get the discount offer on clothing. I purchase specially clothing more.

15. jemcon

jemconNew Member

Threads:
    Hey guys...
    These days on line shopping is highly recommended as it is very easy and you never bother for wandering here and there in searching of desired things.... Fashion become very important these days every one want to adopt to new style and fashion i am also founded of fashion and i always in search of new fashion last week i am searching about fashion on internet i see a website which is about fashion i found many new things here

this is really an informative source about fashion if you want new style you can many new things from here....

16. weddingbands12

weddingbands12Banned

Threads:
    I am a Google fan. I always Google everything. When it comes to high priced items, I prefer reputable sites.

17. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Fraud cannot be avoided. So I prefer to shop on dependable online retailers.

18. dewilsimmy

dewilsimmyNew Member

Threads:
    I am very much fond of shopping. I like to online shopping. It is a great way to purchase various kinds of products for our daily needs. I especially love to buy stylist cloth and accessories.

19. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Not only do I buy online, but I do a lot of my shopping in that way. Especially for gifts/books/movies/etc. I have never once had a problem shopping online and often find better deals. Now, I have not purchased any food online, though. I'm just a little hesitant on that because I like to see and actively pick the food I'm buying. But that's just a matter of preference and not distrust for the shopping method.

20. jayjacinto

jayjacintoMember

Threads:
    I don't buy online. I prefer the normal shopping. I just don't feel like buying something that I can't touch before paying. But I DO sell online. :) I have two online stores.. one is EBAY... :D