Do you buy organic products?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by justusforus • Dec 28, 2013.

1. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy organic. I would if I knew for sure that the organic food that I would buy for a much higher price, is actually better than the "regular" food that I buy. I don't trust the whole food thing anyway. Don't get me wrong, I like to eat, but it just seems like there is nothing "clean" to eat anymore. Seems like most food is tainted in some kind of way.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hahahahah!!! Oh wow, the irony of that statement is just completely and utterly bewildering!! :O Hun, I feel like you are going to need more funds for a better commercial, in order to convince some of these people, especially after reading that comment about the person not wanting to have unhealthy ideas about food lol.

3. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really care if my food is organic, but I still try to eat somewhat healthy. On the whole opposite side of the spectrum is my boyfriend. He is strict vegan and ONLY eats organic. It's too pricey to me and I don't even know if the health benefits are worth it.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Crap.. that took me ages to come up with.

Yeah, I was pretty floored by that comment. Best one yet. Eating healthy is even being considered an eating disorder now. Orthorexia I think it's called? I know some people get really freaked out by food when they first start learning about the reality of it and can end up sick from it, which should be the only group labelled that way.. but people like me are getting pointed at too (not that this stuff comes out of my mouth anywhere near as much offline lol). Healthy, fit, healed, well nourished me.. because I want other people to be healthy, fit, healed and well nourished. Coocoo :p I can't believe not wanting to eat lab created foods, scientifically proven to steal our health rather than contribute to it, is now considered an illness. Of course... The Man! haha

So how are you Dreekster.. feels like ages, we should go for a drink..

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have tried the organic chicken, it stinks, I can not stand the smell of the meat, so we either have to continue to eat the meat we are use too or not eat chicken at all. I do like knowing that my food does not have a ton of chemicals in it, so we do not eat processed food from boxes and cans.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Buying organic food products is one of the best ways to go if you want to eat a clean and pesticide-free meal. We also have a big enough space to maintain our own vegetable and fruit garden. My parents have a knack for growing plants so among those they've managed to raise are jack fruit, banana, avocado, calamondin and papaya trees, alongside horse radish, bitter gourd, water spinach, chili and other homegrown vegetables. If we don't buy organic produces, we extract fruits and vegetables from our makeshift garden.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think that some of where that comes from could be from the notion that we need all food groups to be healthy? Some people feel that that concept allows them to eat unhealthy foods without consequence - as long as it's in moderation. But if your body does not agree with something then it doesn't. Simple. Now, if it's equal intake of the food groups that you are after, then there are healthier ways to give your body what it needs.

What is sad is that people have been requesting GMO labelling for years now, and we are still being denied. Part of the reason that I feel we're still being denied, is because GMO labelling would be near enough unecessary, due to the fact that the majority of food is GMO. I don't know if they want us to know just to what degree our food is tampered with. It may be better to label the food that is not GMO lol.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it comes from people justifying their bad habits and of course $$ (you have to be made an example of for those who do spend their money "properly" so they don't think of going the same route and threatening the bottom line. And also, it comes down to labelling every last thought process that doesn't fall in line with the perfect race everyone seems to think we are (insert hysterical laughter here). I've said it before, when people talk to me about food, they sound like addicts. They give me all the same thoughts I gave about smoking, all the same denial and pointing fingers etc and it's weird lol.. but understandable.. it's legal and meant to be eaten because we're told it is by people that have lots of money, so they're smart lol. It's exactly like all the millions of smokers despite the pictures and the studies and the horrible stories they hear. There's pictures and stories and studies and undeniable facts in this case too (I would wager more so), yet people that take care of themselves are the nutjobs. People who question what they've always been told and change their lives accordingly are always the nutjobs lol.

It also comes from, yes, people cutting out most foods.. that's where the label should apply and there alone. They're scared and ruining their health for it. I myself haven't cut out all the food groups, accept meat and dairy.. but you don't need meat or dairy to be healthy and it's inhumane as hell. Then again, you could probably stay healthy on every whole foods lifestyles, but I'm still out on that one. The point is whole foods. Intact, actual foods lol. Again, when someone on a typical diet thinks they're having treats or junk in moderation, they need to stop looking at the front of the packaging and start calling their food by it's ingredients. It doesn't matter what the food looks like, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, junk etc it's almost all the same if it's highly processed. They all share the same shiz ingredients in the end, hence, no such thing as moderation. It's not unhealthy to cut out all crap.. it's not a food group lol. but people are seeing that as crazy.. which is crazy! lol.. and creepy. I feel like the only atheist in church again.

And I agree about labelling. I don't disagree with selective breeding, that's been going on since forever; but I don't want pig DNA in my tomato and as a crazy vegan, I deserve to know it's in there. Every. Single. Product. That goes in our bodies, should have a flippin' label on it with every. Single. Ingredient. No matter how much or how little is in there. And no more of this listing ingredients that have ingredients themselves without listing THOSE ingredients lol. And no more "natural ingredients" or "natural colouring" or "natural flavouring" or natural anything! lol. It's a buzz word, it means nothing and contains stuff we wouldn't want to read on our packaging so they took that job out for us.. how sweet of them lol. We deserve to know what goes in our bodies.. to the last detail. And I'm not sure what they're worried about.. it's not like people will stop eating crap, no matter what's in there. It's their church :p

I talk a lot..

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :)

You do type a lot, but usually you type wisely, so it's nice to read. That is one big issue you raise, everything is totally messed up to the point where pig DNA might be in vegetables, we no longer know what we are eating.

10. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    I am with you there, they are so much more expensive and there seems to be very little difference in taste, certainly not worth paying the difference in price for in my opinion. But I understand why people buy them, but according to the law, something must only contain 70% organic ingredients in order to be called organic, the other 30%, anything goes I guess?

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL blame Dreek.. she seems to be the only one in here that participates in actual conversation about topics and it gets me going lol. Everyone else is just bangin' out posts. Yawn. ;)

It is an issue.. a big one. Regardless of what people prefer to eat, we ALL deserve to know exactly what it is we're ingesting. I find it scary that they fight to keep those things from us.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    You see, JosieP; I've been backed up by Peninha ;) YOU'VE been backed up by Peninha ;) You have so much to say, and so many thought provoking notions. Wouldn't be the same around here without you, and when it concerns a topic such as nutrition - which is really important, especially in today's world - people need to hear the truth, and or different perspectives, so that they can make informed choices about what they put into their bodies.

PS: I KNOW you're not blaming me lmao!! :p

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You're SO blamed!! lol. Do you see me going off after anyone else's posts? Aside from those who think they know more about my life than I do?? lol Won't name names, ahem.. because I've forgotten already :p

And thank you!! I so appreciate that. We're sort of forced to talk about the same things over and over and over, so I'm annoying myself with this because it's one of the only topics I find interesting on these boards. Then I'm forced to defend it and put way more thought into it than I would normally lol. Because I deal with people all the time who have weight and health issues.. but they actually care! So I don't feel like I'm talking to a wall like I do here.

You should congratulate me when you see me respond to anything else lol. Or the person who got me to respond.. it's always nice to talk about something else, but I just don't care about credit cards and brands lol. And then there's you.. actually interesting and actually conversing. Terrible.

Ack! Look! You're doing it again! I'm out...